Zippi testimonials?

pintail

Feb 19, 2004
LA, California
If you find it's too big, let me know. It's the right size for me and I've been looking for a cheap older fish for a certain rocky point that gets sketchy at lower tides, where I'm too chicken to ride my current stock.

kclibman

May 23, 2018
L.A. County
If you find it's too big, let me know. It's the right size for me and I've been looking for a cheap older fish for a certain rocky point that gets sketchy at lower tides, where I'm too chicken to ride my current stock.

Thanks for the interest, Pin! I took it out yesterday and while it was fun, it definitely was too big for me - another 25 pounds or so and I feel like I could manhandle it a little more. That said, it's gone on to a new home already, in the hands of a fellow Jammer who will definitely do it more justice than I can.

Reactions: DJR

Surfin64

Jul 23, 2014
USA California
Thanks for the interest, Pin! I took it out yesterday and while it was fun, it definitely was too big for me - another 25 pounds or so and I feel like I could manhandle it a little more. That said, it's gone on to a new home already, in the hands of a fellow Jammer who will definitely do it more justice than I can.
Super stoked. Thanks KC! I'm pretty certain that for my size and weight the board is a great fit. I can't wait to give it a go. The board was hand delivered to my area, the transaction was smooth and the hour long conversation made our meet up even better. Today's events proved once again that this site is full of great people sharing the same stoke and passing it on!!

NateB

Jul 28, 2020
Laguna beach
Sorry to re surface this thread, not sure if that allowed but i figured i give it a shot. just had a pleasant chat with Mike, I'm going to head out to his house on Monday to pick up a loaner to test before we get into specs for a custom. at 210lbs dry and 6 ft tall what sort of length should i be testing out? he has a 6'2 and 6'8 demo and said i can take either one.

My background is pretty much all 10 ft boards, but i have been having a lot of fun on my 8'6 long fish for a couple weeks now, and want to give something smaller a try.

from what i understand mike said i should have no problem riding something in the 6'2 area coming off a longboard but this will definitely be the shortest board I've ridden...

Fishface

Oct 4, 2012
Del Mar,CA
Sorry to re surface this thread, not sure if that allowed but i figured i give it a shot. just had a pleasant chat with Mike, I'm going to head out to his house on Monday to pick up a loaner to test before we get into specs for a custom. at 210lbs dry and 6 ft tall what sort of length should i be testing out? he has a 6'2 and 6'8 demo and said i can take either one.

My background is pretty much all 10 ft boards, but i have been having a lot of fun on my 8'6 long fish for a couple weeks now, and want to give something smaller a try.

from what i understand mike said i should have no problem riding something in the 6'2 area coming off a longboard but this will definitely be the shortest board I've ridden...
It's going to be a different animal and will take multiple sessions to figure out a board like that compared to what you are used to. I'm about 10 lbs less than you... a 5'10 - 6ft would be perfect. These boards pack a lot of volume. You don't want a cork. Get the 6'2 demo and paddle out with a clear mind. This will definitely be an archer not the arrow situation...

TurtleTime

Dec 25, 2018
San Clemente
I had a 6' that was so fat was hard to duck dive...I should have kept it.
I picked up a 5.9 and it's too thin....it works wonderfully, just think its more of 2 5/8 or so, would like it fatter. I too am only 5.8/5.9 and 175-180lbs...It paddles well, but with my bad shoulders, still hard to compete in crowded surf.

They are pretty much the fastest boards I've ridden.

michael

Apr 19, 2017
NJ
It paddles well, but with my bad shoulders, still hard to compete in crowded surf.

I feel like this is just the general struggle with riding a fish sometimes. All-the-way fish riders seem to have it wired somehow.

Reactions: DJR

Mgc51

Jan 29, 2020
LA
I have a 5’11 x 21.5 x 2 11/16, first custom i ever got (maybe 7-8 years ago, can’t remember). I’m 34 , 5’11 205.
Like others have said, packs a lot of foam, I could probably go 5’9 if I was Riding it in waist high + (where I feel It really starts to get going). Still the 5’11 is definitely not “holding me back” in any way. Paddles great, fast down the line, loose/skatey feeling but doesn’t pivot like a thruster (no surprise there).

I find it to be extremely user friendly— stable and not particularly picky about foot positioning. One of those boards that just felt right the first time I took it out. Mike was great to deal with and it was cool that I could Demo one before buying

Attachments

• 72613320-85CF-4F9F-950E-D03B0AA39320.png
    72613320-85CF-4F9F-950E-D03B0AA39320.png
    169.8 KB · Views: 27
  • E21476E2-13DC-41C2-A4B6-C599C561D081.png
    E21476E2-13DC-41C2-A4B6-C599C561D081.png
    191.1 KB · Views: 27