Your one indespensable longboard?

Surfnfish

Feb 6, 2015
a quiet cabin in the woods
Ok, worse case scenario, down to one board, which one and why, pic if available.
Understanding it's all geographic, horses for courses, this 9'8 x 23" Stamps Galaxy serves the current wave range of this elder best. 2' to 8', turns smooth as butter and fleet down the line.
Ride it with a 9.75 4A fin during summer, 2+1 the rest of the time.
20180909_104542 (1).jpg

Chilly Willy

Feb 15, 2004
USA New Jersey
I stalled on my reply because I'd be torn between my 9'6" Phillips pig and 9'6" Trimulux. I get along very well with both. The Trimmy is better in the noseriding department, while the JP gives better satisfaction overall -- that factor of enjoyment that you can't really quantify. Ultimately, I think the Phillips would be the keeper because it's got a pulled in nose for our offshore days and wins hands down in the eye candy contest.

PhillipsPig05.jpg

FalseDawn

Dec 21, 2015
Aquidneck Island Rhode Island
9'9 Andreini Glidester (former Cuda custom)
This board has been owned by a couple jammers. I have had it about 3 years and will not part with it. Based on feedback from one, it was thought to be a point and shoot board. At first I thought so too, but HELL NO!! This board is so versatile, fast, turns on a dime and has great wave range. I've had it out in knee high to head and simply put, it performs. Just a really fun board all around. As they say one man's trash is another man's treasure. Don't have any really good pics but there are some on this site.
20210111_132206.jpg

Last edited:

Sax-son

Nov 23, 2019
Three Rivers, CA
I have several longboards, but for me it would be this one. Shaped by Bruce Grant in 1993 and one of the last "real" Dewey Weber's built. The nose has channels on the bottom which prevents it from plowing. It was something that I didn't want in the beginning, but Bruce said that I would love it and I do. It is probably the best noserider I have ever owned and I owned several original Performers that didn't ride as well as this one. This sentiment has been shared to me by several different surfers that I respect so it is not just my opinion. It is a little sunburnt on the bottom now, but still very sea worthy and rideable.

Attachments

• Weber top shot.JPG
    Weber top shot.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 39
  • Weber with fin.JPG
    Weber with fin.JPG
    30.4 KB · Views: 39