WTB/WTT: something different (V8, Bonzer, etc)

Discussion in 'Longboard Surf Buy/Sell/Trade' started by Salinity, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Salinity

Salinity Well-Known Member

May 11, 2016
    USA Rhode Island
    Getting an itch to add something different to the mid-length quiver and move out one of the Austin Stubbys I have (prob the 7-8 I got from @Makawaosurfer93).

Intrigued by a 7-4 red V8 I saw at the beach the other day. Think I’d like to try one of those (7-6 - 8-0 might be my speed there). Also always wanted to try a bonzer (7-4 to 7-8ish?). Maybe some other kind of hully / v bottom / channel bottom?

Not looking to be too spendy these days, but if you have a board that possibly fits the description that is collecting dust, let me know. I’m in RI, so NE preferred.

2. Artz

Artz Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2018
    Florida
    Lactosense, has a Bruce Fowler 8’6” New V Machine for sale on Craigslist NY. He is asking $600.00

floated likes this.
  3. Salinity

Salinity Well-Known Member

May 11, 2016
    USA Rhode Island
    Thanks - I've been in touch with him on that. May be a bit bigger than I'm looking for...

4. ekim

ekim Active Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Those V8's are fun. Mine's an 8'6" x 24" x 3 1/4". Doesn't feel too big and paddles great. It's kinda a weird transition from normal logs but very addicting once you get them wired.I'd only sell mine to get another one ,same dims. Always surf mine as a singlefin. Good luck!

Artz likes this.
  5. Artz

Artz Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2018
    Florida
    What fin do you use?

6. ekim

ekim Active Member

Oct 14, 2015
    10" Velzy Classic 12" off tail.

7. ekim

ekim Active Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Might want to contact Bruce and see if he's got any laying around. His prices are very fair and he ships Amtrak.

DanSan and Artz like this.
  8. Lackosense

Lackosense Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2017
    Rockaway, NY
    Sorry ya'll Fowler sold to a jammer.

Salinity likes this.
  9. DanSan

DanSan Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2012
    USA California
    Amtrak is shut down..their express freight....
    Unless you buy a ticket an accompany it..no go..
    For awhile...with leon down...
    A wait...for abit