WTB / WTT for Liddle Baby V or Andreini McVee 7'8" and longer

Skusty

Dec 14, 2020
Encinitas
How does the ride compare to the Vaquero? Just curious, I have a vaquero and trying to find a DM.

pretty similar feel, though enough difference that i'm not terribly upset to have both in my quiver. the DM has a fuller outline with the widepoint forward and a much wider nose. the vaq is definitely chunkier / less foiled out to the rails (the dm is like a razor, great craftsmanship thank you scott!). i'll say the vaq does a little better if theres a touch of texture due to the more pulled in nose and definitely feels a bit more top to bottom "rippable" than the dm, and while both cruise beautifully down the line, the dm just feels like a magic carpet. the vaq is a little tough for me to duck dive while the thinness of the dm i can knife under a bit better and deeper

they're both great boards, whenever i reach for one or the other i'm not upset in any way.

if you can get your hands on one, i'd recommend it, i think if i could only have one it'd be the vaquero but ask again tomorrow and it'll be the DM that i'll keep

curious if others have both or have ridden both and what their experiences are too?

jackm

Apr 22, 2021
Venice
pretty similar feel, though enough difference that i'm not terribly upset to have both in my quiver. the DM has a fuller outline with the widepoint forward and a much wider nose. the vaq is definitely chunkier / less foiled out to the rails (the dm is like a razor, great craftsmanship thank you scott!). i'll say the vaq does a little better if theres a touch of texture due to the more pulled in nose and definitely feels a bit more top to bottom "rippable" than the dm, and while both cruise beautifully down the line, the dm just feels like a magic carpet. the vaq is a little tough for me to duck dive while the thinness of the dm i can knife under a bit better and deeper

they're both great boards, whenever i reach for one or the other i'm not upset in any way.

if you can get your hands on one, i'd recommend it, i think if i could only have one it'd be the vaquero but ask again tomorrow and it'll be the DM that i'll keep

curious if others have both or have ridden both and what their experiences are too?
Great reply, thanks for taking the time. Definitely didn't hope my board buying addiction.