WTB: used foamie 9ft +

Discussion in 'Longboard Surf Buy/Sell/Trade' started by Salinity, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Salinity

Salinity Well-Known Member

May 11, 2016
    USA Rhode Island
    I know, I know, but...

I’m getting into volunteering with a local outfit that does surf therapy for kids etc. I’d like to have my own big ol foamie to bring to the mix (& to refine my tandem technique to ensure a great experience for all). I’d you're around RI & have one taking up valuable space, hit me up.

2. Islander1341

Islander1341 Member

Aug 18, 2018
    Wakefield RI
    Check any of the local shops who offer lessons, they usually sell their rental boards in the fall. If I recall correctly, pretty reasonable as well! Good luck.

davesburgers likes this.
  3. FalseDawn

FalseDawn Active Member

J- try Island they do sell their rental boards but I think most are 8' if I remember correctly.

Also try the local rep for AmpSurf.org, Justin justinspeegle@live.com, they have some larger softtops they use for the local event here last couple years. I've seen him post some for sale on CL in the past.

4. Salinity

May 11, 2016
    USA Rhode Island
    Thanks guys - I’ll try those out.

5. davesburgers

davesburgers Active Member

Sep 4, 2015
    USA New York
    i think at the end of the season skudin surf sells theirs and they are (IIRC) 10ft, sometimes in pretty rough shape.

i think a lot of the schools order them from china for pretty cheap, may also be worth just reaching out to get a hold of order info

6. Walnuts

Walnuts Member

Mar 25, 2018
    Long Beach, NY
    Skudin had their sale this past Friday. Also didn’t know if OP wanted to hassle w Rhode Island to NY board train for a foamie.

7. Thomas Morra

Thomas Morra Member

Sep 2, 2019
    Rhode Island
    There are two 9’ foamies on CL Cape Cod fwiw.

Tom

8. Salinity

May 11, 2016
    USA Rhode Island
    Saw a couple in there (Wellfleet) but they’re a bit more than I’m looking to spend on a used foamie

9. kpd73

kpd73 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2013
    USA Rhode Island
    Island Surf and Sport HAS to have something.
    Oh and phone broke in half last night and not rushing to replace. Email me or hit me here, missed being with you at camp today, and look forward to your return.