WTB Tribute (Roy Sanchez) Dreadnought 10’ to 10’-6”

Ricksurfin

Jun 9, 2019
San Clemente, CA
I was thinking about buying the one in Encinatas, but don’t think there’d be enough difference from my 10’6” to make it worthwhile to have both. For a glider, I think the 10’6” is the better length.

ugoinright?

Sep 13, 2020
The OC Bubble
I was thinking about buying the one in Encinatas, but don’t think there’d be enough difference from my 10’6” to make it worthwhile to have both. For a glider, I think the 10’6” is the better length.

Rick, I think you have the Takayama Prince Kūhiō too right? Do you miss the 2+1 on the board to the Roy Sanchez single setup? Thanks.

Ricksurfin

Jun 9, 2019
San Clemente, CA
I don’t. The Roy Sanchez Tribute Dreadnought glider surfs really loose for such a long board (10’6”), and I really like it. It seems to surf much shorter then it is. I don’t have any problems with just a single setup with it holding in the face, so I haven’t seen any drawbacks.
I prefer the 10’6” over the 11’1” of the Prince Kuhio both in and out of the water, so I actually haven’t been surfing the Prince at all lately. I’ve considered selling it, but know I couldn’t replace it in the original construction easily if at all so I just hang on to it knowing I’ll end up surfing it again.

Ricksurfin

Jun 9, 2019
San Clemente, CA
One thing great about the Prince Kuhio in the original Surftech construction is that I’ve surfed it a fair amount and yet after stripping the wax off the other day and cleaning it up, there isn’t one pressure dent on the deck or a single blemish on the board. The original Surftech construction is without a doubt the strongest most durable surfboard I’ve ever had.

LogFeliz

May 10, 2022
LA, CA
9'6 ($895!) and 12' up on Boardsource