wtb skip frye

Discussion in 'Longboard Surf Buy/Sell/Trade' started by stu, Feb 15, 2020.

1. kpd73

kpd73 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2013
    USA Rhode Island
    Stu, its all good man. No worries. And whatever issues may have been started, this last post of yours just finished them.
    That Knost glider is outrageous!
    Welcome to the forum youngblood.
    Glide on

Pointbreak likes this.
  2. The Kooks Society

The Kooks Society Active Member

Mar 29, 2016
    USA New York
    Hey @stu wondering how that knots goes? Curious about that bronzer fin set up on that mid-length. It looks like an 8ft or so...
    Anyways, enjoy your future skip and post some pics once you have it.

3. stu

stu Member

Feb 1, 2020
    newport beach
    it’s a 9’2. i love it. works good in all waves. its so fast. originally had a 7.75 4a in it but just got 6.5 volan in it today and it’s a huge difference. loosened it up a bit and makes turns super smooth. all of als boards has worked great for me.

The Kooks Society likes this.
  4. stu

stu Member

Feb 1, 2020
    newport beach
    here’s a better pic of the outline.

5. Salinity

Salinity Well-Known Member

May 11, 2016
    USA Rhode Island
    One of the most interesting and intriguing boards I’ve seen in a long time, particularly with that Bonzer 3 setup. If you want recommendations on fins & fin placement, @KPD may be able to get you sorted.

6. stu

stu Member

Feb 1, 2020
    newport beach
    for sure would love some recommendations. tried it with a 6.5 bonzer fin but didn’t like it as much. seemed to be catching really easily.

7. JBorbone

JBorbone Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2017
    Belmar, NJ
    Welcome to the forum Stu. It’s a great place to meet excellent like-minded folks who all love surfboards and spreading the stoke, and they will love you when you’re raffling off surfboards for children in need for nearly nothing and losing money doing so, they’ll love you when you’re building free surfboards for less fortunate surfers in the area, they’ll love you when you’re the go-to board train mule for their coastline, they’ll love you when you’re selling their son a board for $50 that you recently paid $300 for, they’ll love you when you’re getting them a discount ding repair, they’ll love you when you’re giving them a great deal on a custom handshaped board, they’ll love you when you’re “liking” their comments on Jamboards,, but be careful not to show an OUNCE of negativity because as soon as you do they’ll all be quick to jump down your throat and tell you to sell your surfboards and move into the middle of the woods.. Classy bunch here Stu

8. kpd73

kpd73 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2013
    USA Rhode Island
    Jesus wept...I wasn't even referring to you here JBorbone. You made your peace and apologized.
    I can't count the number of times personally in my life that I misspoke and was a dick, got called out on it, apologized, and then moved on.
    It happens.
    It's part of life.
    It doesn't erase or lessen any past good you've done nor lessen the strength of your character for anyone that knows you. It's a mistake plain and simple.
    Lets move on man.
    Together.
    Keep doing good and help this kid with a fin suggestion for that Knost glider which is Definitely much more in your wheelhouse than many others here.
    Your expertise is needed.

Oh, and I don't want anyone to move into the woods, nor sell All their boards. Just sell a few and use the funds for materials and go build a clubhouse there to discuss the aforementioned topics in my Triple Lindy post.

this Honky is calling it a night