WTB Paul Gross Shaped Board

j_j_vv

Jun 17, 2020
LA county
Looking for a surfboard that was shaped by Paul Gross, back when he was still shaping, ideally in the 7’0-7’4 range. Hoping someone out there in JB land is holding and willing to sell.

T

tuskedbeast

Funny... I have an ethical recoil from machine production... but not with Paul (and Spence finishing). On top of his hands on experience, Paul strikes me as having a strong knowledge of theory, which lends itself to using computer design wisely. I mean... it's how he gets his personal boards. I'd get one in a hot second if I had the $$$ (actually probably $$$$).

How cool it would be to work with him on it too!

Last edited by a moderator:

Planktom

Dec 27, 2016
Devon, UK
@tuskedbeast I may be wrong, but my perception is that if you reach out to Spence Kellogg, you can get a PG-designed board custom made for you for a price that will make you happy. I am not sure that you can deal with PG directly, but I would hold good faith that Spence would more than capably set you up with what you need.

Spence posts on here, a little less regularly than previously, but I'm sure you could try shooting him a message.

I've always fancied a Baby Simmons, around 8ft, just for the sheer dragster-speed run factor.

michael

Apr 19, 2017
NJ
Hmm. Want any board shaped by Paul, regardless of shape, length, or condition? Seems like a DNA grab / cloning scheme to me. I’m onto you man

pooch_gravy

Aug 13, 2020
Melbourne
Funny... I have an ethical recoil from machine production... but not with Paul (and Spence finishing). On top of his hands on experience, Paul strikes me as having a strong knowledge of theory, which lends itself to using computer design wisely. I mean... it's how he gets his personal boards. I'd get one in a hot second if I had the $$$ (actually probably $$$$).

How cool it would be to work with him on it too!
I got one. Whole experience start to finish was a pleasure.

pooch_gravy

Aug 13, 2020
Melbourne
DF3F1C51-C18C-433B-8336-147B230F3EDF.jpeg