WTB: Liddle Pathfinder 10’ or larger

Sbbcc

Dec 6, 2017
SB
Been riding a buddies 10’3” pathfinder and would love to track one down. Would consider any Pathfinder 10’ or larger. Located in Santa Barbara but willing to travel.

Last edited:

Skusty

Dec 14, 2020
Encinitas
they've got one a 10' at Daydream for 1600 or something around there - pricey for sure

good luck with search! great boards

InI

May 29, 2021
Costa Mesa
Yowza it’s already gone
Yeah, some dude with cut off high waters, a ripped shirt two sizes two small, with back alley bangs, smoking American Spirits bought it
(Just messing, Daydream and Kyle are super cool. Shop is hipster as shit tho; no pass of judgement)

cpg

Apr 6, 2017
Maine
not to hijack thread, but anyone care to share the ride experiences and differences between an L Spoon and Pathfinder?

TheTallTrimmer

Nov 30, 2020
Orange County
not to hijack thread, but anyone care to share the ride experiences and differences between an L Spoon and Pathfinder?
I’ve owned both and the L spoon really has that extra gear like a hull. The pathfinder really had no belly at all. Completely flat and more of a speed shape. I much prefer the speed and trim on the L Spoon

Skusty

Dec 14, 2020
Encinitas
my thoughts on the Lspoon vs Pathfinder from a conversation with another jammer. both very fun and i'm never upset when either is under my feet
i do, and have, and actually have both. a little caveat that i'm realizing now holding the 9'6 for my buddy at the moment: my 9'0 was definitely a custom shape / has a much wider outline. my 9'0 has an extra inch+ of width in the nose, tail, and center and is an absolute boat (in a good way), catches everything and is a bit more of a point and shoot with real nice looong drawn out turns. its my weekend board when there are crowds because i can sit way outside or on the shoulder and catch the smallest ripples. its a real heavy board that once it has momentum is just in full on cruise mode

the Lspoon (9'2) also catches waves like a dream, but does so in a more planing feeling way, the width through the tail feels a bit looser and more nimble than the pathfinder and while noseriding isn't happening, a cheater 5 is definitely obtainable and it flieeees. there was a thread in the discussion forum a month or so ago about the Lspoon and other people's experiences weren't great in smaller waves, but i've found the opposite that it just peels down the line beautifully. different strokes for different folks

if i could only keep one it'd probably be the Lspoon, it toes the line of a more traditional longboard with a very lovely rolled bottom. every time i think about selling the pathfinder though i take it out for a spin and fall in love all over again. both are great boards that catch waves with ease, the Lspoon being more nimble while the pathfinder more steady and stable (in my opinion)

no wrong choice there

Sbbcc

Dec 6, 2017
SB
I’ve owned both and the L spoon really has that extra gear like a hull. The pathfinder really had no belly at all. Completely flat and more of a speed shape. I much prefer the speed and trim on the L Spoon
I had your 9’ pathfinder you sold at one point. I had a 9’6” pathfinder at the same time as your 9’ and they were completely different boards. My 9’6” had a lot more belly and knifey rails. It looks like a proper bill just scaled up. The blue 9’ was much flatter and had chunkier rails.