WTB Large DryRobe

Discussion in 'Longboard Surf Buy/Sell/Trade' started by HerbB, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Salinity

Salinity Well-Known Member

May 11, 2016
    USA Rhode Island
    Seconded

2. deemce

deemce Well-Known Member

May 18, 2010
    USA Pennsylvania
  3. HerbB

HerbB Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2018
    Pennsylvania
    Search complete. Couch is hooking me up with a good price on one.

4. dsquare

dsquare Well-Known Member

May 16, 2013
    USA Hawaii
    For those who are a little more budget minded or who don't want to spend $$ on something they will destroy pretty quickly with regular use.

1.Go to Ross/Marshalls/Your ex's house and grab the thickest, heaviest duty set of two beach towels you can find. I found some chenille ones that are rad.
    2. Measure from your shoulder top down to your knees(ish). Doesn't have to be precise, be a little longer than ideal because the seam and your belly will eat up some inches. Too long will create some changing issues but is easily remedied with a hem, too short and your jewels bounce out and tempt the Pomeranian in the car next to you, however, you do want as much excess as you can manage.
    3. Cut the spot you marked and keep the excess for later. Also cut out a half hole at the top for your head on each towel.
    4. Find someone with a sewing machine (you SoCal folks have lots of fashion types in your hoods).
    5. Stitch top and the sides together, stopping at head and arm holes. Stop at the arms just when you have enough room to pull your arm inside to change, but not too much.
    6. Give whoever is sewing your towels together a beer or a backrub and ask them to stitch the excess fabric into a hood and sew it on.
    7. Extend the front hole down a little for some maneuvering room. Bonus points if you sew grommets in and make a tie.

Best thing about these is driving home commando in the jeep without the doors on! I think I spent about $16 on the towels and my wife is a professional seamstress- so it cost a few backrubs.

hankster likes this.