WTB Foamie (I know, I know...)

JVRI

Nov 15, 2021
Rhode Island
Yup, you read that right. I'm looking for a foamie...

Got family and friends visiting throughout the rest of the summer, they all want to get some water time and I have no interest in giving them a lesson/ride on any of my boards (friend broke a finbox a few years ago riding right into the sand o_O).

Preferably a longboard foamie, 8ft+. Was gonna just buy one new but GD! they are more expensive than I thought. Located in Newport, RI.

Last edited:

JVRI

Nov 15, 2021
Rhode Island
prod_11718560113.jpg

xaaronx

Jun 12, 2021
Wilmington, NC
Yup, you read that right. I'm looking for a foamie...

Got family and friends visiting throughout the rest of the summer, they all want to get some water time and I have no interest in giving them a lesson/ride on any of my boards (friend broke a finbox a few years ago riding right into the sand o_O).

Preferably a longboard foamie, 8ft+. Was gonna just buy one new but GD! they are more expensive than I thought. Located in Newport, RI.
Hell, I want one for days when it's only breaking inside so I can go out without risking a real board. And to set up on a low wall by my house to practice cross stepping and pop ups (my backside one still isn't the same after injuring my ankle).

Still kicking myself for missing out on a couple cheap 9' and one 10' ones back in the spring. Hoping at the end of summer some will be finding their way onto FB and CL.

cpg

Apr 6, 2017
Maine
get an 88.

totally rad semi finless (for you) and then just pop full size fins in for the guests. Helps justify the cost since you will probably have fun on it too.

video below on how to cut down some cheap FCS fins for semi finless drifting,

Last edited:

JVRI

Nov 15, 2021
Rhode Island
There are a handful in the NE area on Facebook Marketplace (but I don't have an account so I'm just a silent viewer right now, haha)

j_laucks

Oct 1, 2019
New England Aquarium
I realize this isn't ideal timing for you @JVRI but a recall that a lot of surfshops/schools will offload their rental/lesson foamies for cheap at the end of the summer season if you don't find something before then.

JVRI

Nov 15, 2021
Rhode Island
get an 88.

totally rad semi finless (for you) and then just pop full size fins in for the guests. Helps justify the cost since you will probably have fun on it too.

video below on how to cut down some cheap FCS fins for semi finless drifting,

Damn those videos look super fun. The concept of a 7ft hand plane gave me a good chuckle.

Reactions: cpg