WTB - Deets UDT fins

nedsurf

Jan 22, 2005
I know there are a bunch of bady surfers/Mat riders here so thought I would ask - Does anybody here know how I can get my hands on a pair of Deets UDT fins? I have the old black ones, but even with extensive modifications they aren't getting it done. Thanks.

nedsurf

Jan 22, 2005
Thanks all, turns out one of my riding partners had a pair of the yellow/black that he couldn't use so I got a pair. No love at either of those sites, but as Bryce said Greg indicates that Voit will get some in stock soon. Thanks.

paipodude

Oct 27, 2019
Maryland, or By-the-Sea
yes, very different composition.
I saw three different fins in that listing, (1) UDT, (2) Voit, and (3) bodyboarding. Besides the easy to see bodyboarding straight blade ending edge, what are the differences in terms of foot pocket, soft vs hard rubber, blade length, width and flex? And weight and float?

nedsurf

Jan 22, 2005
I saw three different fins in that listing, (1) UDT, (2) Voit, and (3) bodyboarding. Besides the easy to see bodyboarding straight blade ending edge, what are the differences in terms of foot pocket, soft vs hard rubber, blade length, width and flex? And weight and float?
I'm a little confused on your question. The UDT and traditional Duck Feet are very different in size, fit and composition. UDTs are much larger/longer, stiffer blade, and have a stiffer foot pocket. The difference between the old UDT and the newer ones redesigned by Deets is primarily in the flex of the blade. My old ones could have driven a nail, the new ones have a noticeable softer material between the ribs and more flex overall. For most people both the Duck Feet and UDTs require fin sock or booties. I had to do a lot of shaving of the foot pocket and strap on my Ducks to keep from wearing holes in my feet/ankles. Since it turned colder a fin sock makes life a lot better.