WTB Classic Hansen 50-50 or Similar

Discussion in 'Longboard Surf Buy/Sell/Trade' started by Bravoaloha, Dec 4, 2019.

1. changeissimple

changeissimple Member

Dec 18, 2014
    @Hye Tyde has a couple and is located just north of Boston. Not Sure what he is willing to part with, but i surf with him often and he has a love for the 50/50

Hye Tyde likes this.
  2. Bighouse

Bighouse Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2012
    East End, Long Island
    Thanks, I have a ‘68 9-10 Hansen that I love.

3. ClassicRider

ClassicRider Active Member

Sep 22, 2014
    Hawaii
    Pointbreak likes this.
  4. Makawaosurfer93

Makawaosurfer93 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2007
    USA New Jersey
    Sounds like this contest may be the Manasquan Classic.

5. Bravoaloha

Bravoaloha New Member

Nov 9, 2019
    Jersey
    Yessir!

6. shadydave

shadydave Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Ayer Ma USA
    I could be wrong but I don’t believe the rules are monitored that closely. My guess is some guys are riding 67/68 as long as they meet the length requirement.

Lackosense likes this.
  7. Makawaosurfer93

Makawaosurfer93 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2007
    USA New Jersey
    There was at one time, guys from MBRC that would certify boards as to whether or not they fit the criteria for their contest. not sure they still do this, but for sure the length needs to be at least 3 feet taller than the average rider. No leashes, no rules, no bullshit.

8. Bravoaloha

Bravoaloha New Member

Nov 9, 2019
    Jersey
    If a board came up that was a '67 or '68 but fit the bill otherwise I would probably go for it, but generally I am looking for a '66 or '65 board.

9. NJ Longboarder

NJ Longboarder Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Enjoy the hunt. It is fun and you have plenty of time. Spring swap will be here before you know it too. You could also make a run up to the Bronx where there are a bunch of vintage boards for sale.
    https://jamboards.com/threads/huge-vintage-surfboard-collection-for-sale-bronx-ny.7106/

There are plenty of boards on the beach to borrow at the classic. I usually bring extras in case anyone needs something. If you want to borrow something before the contest to get used to, I can lend you something. Hopefully you don't keep it as long as that Contreras kid.

10. Bravoaloha

Bravoaloha New Member

Nov 9, 2019
    Jersey
    Haha thanks! I do love the hunt. I have been in contact with the guy in the Bronx, all the Hansens are gone but I am still going to try to get up there after Christmas to check it out.

Appreciate the offer, If I can't find something by springtime I may be in contact. See you out there!

Pointbreak likes this.