WTB Andreini Vaquero OPEN THREAD

Discussion in 'Longboard Surf Buy/Sell/Trade' started by BrazilButtNut, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Ricksurfin

Ricksurfin Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2019
    San Clemente, CA
    Thanks for the tip. I’ve picked up a few boards lately in the 9’0”-9’6” range, so holding out for a Vaquero in the 10' range if one ever comes up.
    Thanks!

slimgouda likes this.
  2. Bryce

Bryce Active Member

Nov 6, 2017
    CA
    Post some pics?

Marc says that's right around the magic size for the vaquero. You're stoked

3. BrazilButtNut

BrazilButtNut Active Member

Sep 26, 2018
    Ventura, CA
    Magic size, I like the sound of that. The first time I rode it I went back out again for a double session I was so psyched on it. Working great! Hopefully get it in the water again this week.

Attached Files:

4. Bryce

Bryce Active Member

Nov 6, 2017
    CA
    So nice! You're stoked

BrazilButtNut likes this.
  5. waveslider619

waveslider619 Active Member

Sep 8, 2017
    SD
  6. Andrew Johnson

Andrew Johnson Active Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Ventura, CA
    You got a good one. I rode 3 waves on that board and it left a lasting impression. Enjoy!

7. BrazilButtNut

BrazilButtNut Active Member

Sep 26, 2018
    Ventura, CA
    I told Gorf if I sell it I'll let him know first, haha.

@waveslider619 nice find. I feel like if I told some of my friends a 7'10 was the longest board in the 'short board' category, they would laugh in my face. It makes perfect sense to me though! That's awesome he figured out the threshold.

Andrew Johnson likes this.
  8. Gorf

Gorf New Member

Mar 13, 2019
    Ventura
    @BrazilButtNut I so glad you’re digging in. That board is incredible. Please tell it that I hope it’s well and that I think of it often.

9. dr flavors

dr flavors Member

Jul 21, 2019
    ca
    so many magic lengths for the vaquero. def thread worthy. 7-10, 7-6, 7-2,...

my 6-10 is magic too with its thinned out foil and pinched rails. epitomizes the stubbie to me.

longer ones are definitely a different animal. i know rs is going to hold out for used, but if it were me i'd def go the custom route and get one that suits your body weight, expectations and style.

i've ridden a bunch these in random lengths and get the impression marc defaults to making the vaquero as user friendly and accessible as possible for all skill levels. pushed out the limits of their length it may not matter as much, but i do think you'll get the most out of it if you keep them as sensitive as possible