WRV Longboard

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by Gansett, Aug 14, 2019 at 10:18 AM.

1. Gansett

Gansett New Member

Jul 25, 2019
    Rhode Island
    Hi All, anyone riding a WRV longboard? Did a little searching but can't find much info. They are a poly board and hand shaped. My local shop has a couple that look pretty nice. Curious about their quality.

2. Salinity

Salinity Well-Known Member

May 11, 2016
    USA Rhode Island
    I had one for a little while - shaped by Jesse Fernandez. It was ok - kind of an all-arounder - bit of nose and tail rocker, slightly scooped out rounded nose, 2+1 (though I only surfed it as a single). Had a couple fun sessions on it in thigh-high beach break. Quality seemed pretty decent - it was glassed a bit lighter than I prefer, though it was holding up well. However, I definitely noticed a big difference in board "feel" once I got the JP Proformer under my feet.

3. Gansett

Gansett New Member

Jul 25, 2019
    Rhode Island
    Thanks for the input.

4. John

John Member

Mar 4, 2004
    USA Delaware
    whats a JP proformer?

5. Roadmaster

Roadmaster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2015
    USA Virginia
    I do not ride them, but familiar with the boards, my brother managed the retail shop on the outer banks NC. Most stock boards are lightly glassed and no deck/tail patches. Customs can be glassed with volan and patches. Shapers are all very good with stock shapes, they churn them out. Customs more hit or miss, if Marty Keeseker is still shaping, he would be the guy for an old school custom. The prices are on the low side for the lightly glassed boards in the showroom.

Gansett likes this.
  6. Basenji703

Basenji703 Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2014
    Virginia Beach, VA
    I ride a Mike Doyle shaped WRV custom longboard. It is the updated version of the board he rides. (I had his board for about a month and had him shape me a new one.) I love it. The head of production glassed it for me. The stock boards are serviceable longboards, but are lightly glassed as is the current style. Marty Keeseker is still shaping and has made me some amazing boards. Jordan Brazie, who is a young up and comer makes some amazing longboards. Jessie Fernandez' longboards tend to be HP, if that's what you are looking for. Keeseker, Doyle (some of his are avant guard) and Braized make good nose riders. If the price is right on any WRV, you really can't go wrong.

7. Gansett

Gansett New Member

Jul 25, 2019
    Rhode Island
    Good stuff, thanks.

8. Basenji703

Basenji703 Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2014
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Sent you a PM.