Winter suits..... anticipation

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by michael, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Macilious

Macilious Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2010
    This is EXACTLY the picture that comes up in the dictionary when you look up INSANELY WARM!

aussie-surfer likes this.
  2. dingdong

dingdong Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    USA California
    I've had a flashbomb zipless in both 4/3 and 3/2, they are a pain to get out of, and I feel like my chest zips are better with preventing flushing...my new oneill hyperfreak is the shizzle though, super flexy and easy to get out of, and I only got flushed once duck diving a bomb (well mini bomb :p)

Spritzer likes this.
  3. aussie-surfer

aussie-surfer Active Member

Jun 28, 2007
    USA Wisconsin
    Yes mate. Furnace Carbon Ultra like Chilly said. Have it in a 5/4 also. It’s a really good suit.
    Ricksurfin, when you trade Oz for the Midwest, thinking sanity may have already been in doubt....

shadydave and davey like this.
  4. takedown

takedown Active Member

Jun 26, 2017
    Eugene, OR
    Aussie,

How was the fit compared to the size chart?

Roadmaster,

How about your fit?

I'm a LS in a Xcel CompX, which puts me under what the chart says, but I watched a review and the guy from Xcel said it's typical to go smaller on the CompX. I'm trying to figure out on the Furnace Carbon Ultra what I should order since none of the shops carry them around here.

Does anyone know how the suit compares to a Drylock or a Psychofreak?

Lost some weight recently and starting to get cold in the middle of long sessions so looking at something with some more warmth.

Thanks!

5. aussie-surfer

aussie-surfer Active Member

Jun 28, 2007
    USA Wisconsin
    Hey mate,
    I updated from LS Xcel 6/5 Infiniti suit to a LS in the Bong. The Bong fits me better, the Xcel May have shrunk but felt a touch shorter in the legs and arms. I’m 5’10 & 180lbs.

6. takedown

takedown Active Member

Jun 26, 2017
    Eugene, OR
    Thanks. It looks like I'm either a LS or XLS. I'll try the LS first and see how it works.

What temps are you using the 5/4 in?

7. michael

michael Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2017
    NJ
    Wetsuit anxiety setting in ...... O'neil's hyperfreak 5/4 did me good last year. They have one called the pscho tech freak or something now with higher numbers. Getting nervous. Looking for a new 4/3

8. Ricksurfin

Ricksurfin Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2019
    San Clemente, CA
    Physco Tech and Psyco Freak are warmer, but not as flexible. Hyperfreak is their comp suit with maximum stretch and flexibility. Psycho Tech is glued, blind stitched and taped, while the Psychofreak is stitchless with tapping on both sides and their top of the line suit.

WhiteRussian and michael like this.
  9. ekim

ekim Active Member

Oct 14, 2015
    5/4 Boz thermoboz. 39-54 deg. Oregon. Love this wetsuit. It's my 3rd one.

10. michael

michael Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2017
    NJ
    Ah thanks. I was under the impression that there was a new new one with TB3 and some new thing... techno butter air ? Wetsuit names make me feel silly (and old)

hankster likes this.