Winter suits..... anticipation

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by michael, Jul 31, 2019.

1. shadydave

shadydave Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Ayer Ma USA
    Another option is to only surf June,July and Aug. :cool:

2. Planktom

Planktom Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2016
    Devon, UK
    Coming into 5mm season in SW UK now (depending on the person)

I picked up a suit by the Aussie brand Adelio last year and used it for the last half of the winter. Its very warm, pretty flexy and not too heavy... Think of a cross up between a Patagonia and an Xcel Infiniti and that sums it up in many ways.

If you guys spot one at a good price stateside, then I would recommend it. Mine is the 'Connor' 543 hooded version.

3. aussie-surfer

aussie-surfer Active Member

Jun 28, 2007
    USA Wisconsin
    Have had a 5/4 for a couple of seasons and just switched to a 6/5 Bong carbon furnace ultra. Have had to wear it already here on the Lakes and is simply the most warm, flexible, sealed suit I have ever worn. Very light for the thickness and easy to get in and out of. Being in freshwater, I replace my 6mm every two years and this suit is well worth looking out. Have spent the past several seasons running xcel suits.

https://www.wetsuitwearhouse.com/PROD/MWFUVBH6.html#.XeO_UaRMGEc

4. dingpatch

dingpatch Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2014
    Florida USA
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Lackosense likes this.
  5. Spritzer

Spritzer Active Member

Apr 27, 2019
    Virginia Beach
    Looking at buying a new suit this summer when they hit the sale rack, any thoughts/feedback/experience on zipless?

6. aussie-surfer

aussie-surfer Active Member

Jun 28, 2007
    USA Wisconsin
    Billabong’s suit is insanely good. Road test today in 12f/-10c air, water freezingish, 15-18mph Offshore. Was out for an hour and half before getting out for parent/teach conference. Insanely warm the whole time! C855ABB1-C35D-4A78-9176-0BAE6A221B9F.jpeg

7. Ricksurfin

Ricksurfin Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2019
    San Clemente, CA
    Your review means nothing, as it’s obvious your freaking crazy. Lol.
    Awesome dedication to the sport!!

8. Planktom

Dec 27, 2016
    Devon, UK
    Well, you have convinced me, that's for sure!

9. Planktom

Dec 27, 2016
    Devon, UK
    6/5/4 version, right?

10. Chilly Willy

Chilly Willy Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2004
    USA New Jersey
    Nice! Is that the Furnace Carbon Ultra, or whatever? The higher end suit really does make a difference over their cheaper models. I'll never forget: I was paddling out alongside a buddy -- both of us had brand new Billabong suits on that we had gotten during a blowout sale. Mine was the top shelf Furnace Carbon, and his was the lower tier Furnace Absolute. Same thicknesses. We had both had a few waves and were paddling back out side by side. He said, "I'm cold." I said, "I'm warm." That's enough of a test for me to know that it's worth the extra bucks for the better suit.