Winter suits..... anticipation

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by michael, Jul 31, 2019.

1. shadydave

shadydave Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Ayer Ma USA
    Another option is to only surf June,July and Aug. :cool:

2. Planktom

Planktom Active Member

Dec 27, 2016
    Devon, UK
    Coming into 5mm season in SW UK now (depending on the person)

I picked up a suit by the Aussie brand Adelio last year and used it for the last half of the winter. Its very warm, pretty flexy and not too heavy... Think of a cross up between a Patagonia and an Xcel Infiniti and that sums it up in many ways.

If you guys spot one at a good price stateside, then I would recommend it. Mine is the 'Connor' 543 hooded version.

3. aussie-surfer

aussie-surfer Active Member

Jun 28, 2007
    USA Wisconsin
    Have had a 5/4 for a couple of seasons and just switched to a 6/5 Bong carbon furnace ultra. Have had to wear it already here on the Lakes and is simply the most warm, flexible, sealed suit I have ever worn. Very light for the thickness and easy to get in and out of. Being in freshwater, I replace my 6mm every two years and this suit is well worth looking out. Have spent the past several seasons running xcel suits.

https://www.wetsuitwearhouse.com/PROD/MWFUVBH6.html#.XeO_UaRMGEc

4. dingpatch

dingpatch Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2014
    Florida USA
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Lackosense likes this.