Winter suits..... anticipation

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by michael, Jul 31, 2019.

1. ironmace7

ironmace7 Member

May 28, 2005
    Manasquan
    Rash guard makes it much easier to peel off too.

deemce likes this.
  2. Clomics

Clomics Active Member

Nov 5, 2012
    Vaseline or bodyglide.

Bonus trivia: the ocean scenes are filmed in El Segundo.

3. Mbaltazar

Mbaltazar Member

Mar 17, 2019
    Portugal
    I'm currently a Rip Curl user. The FlashBomb e5 4/3 chest zip with the rubber in the torso is quite flexible and easy to put on and off. The zip is slightly angled and it opens more than, for example O'Neill. This is my "depths of winter" suit.
    My go to is a Rip Curl e-bomb e6 zipless 4/3 which is beyond comfortable. The thing is amazingly stretchy, very warm and once you get familiar with the entry system, it's very easy to put on and off.

I love new rubber, but I think there's zero innovation in 2020 that's worth to spend money on...

4. Chilly Willy

Chilly Willy Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2004
    USA New Jersey
    Belly Jelly. It's a lubricant for wetsuit rash and other similar things. Put a little on to grease up your neck in that spot.

Great nostalgia for me, the fragrance of Belly Jelly brings me back to childhood spring break trips to Myrtle Beach. I came back from one of those trips in 7th grade with an insane rash on the back of my neck from boogie boarding all week. The upperclassman whose locker was next to mine asked what happened to my neck. I said, "It's wetsuit rash." He said, "Yeah right," and walked away. Ha ha. What else could it possibly be? My parents make me wear a dog collar at home?

5. kpd73

kpd73 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2013
    USA Rhode Island
    Had a zipperless Rip Curl 4/3 e-bomb that was hands down my Favorite suit. I can't imagine one in their new(er) neoprene.
    So sick.

6. michael

michael Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2017
    NJ
    Winter wetsuit anxiety is almost in full effect....

I sat in the cramped back seat of my truck this morning with my head between my legs defeated by my wet cold 5mil.

There’s got to be a better way

Andrew Johnson likes this.
  7. shadydave

shadydave Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Ayer Ma USA
    There is a better way, stand outside use your truck to block the wind if needed, take your suit off and pour some hot water over you then dry off and get dressed. Hell it wasn’t even cold this morning. :)

Seahawk, deemce and Andrew Johnson like this.
  8. michael

michael Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2017
    NJ
    Lol.

When peeling off a 5mil I find it difficult to stay covered up and keep hacking away at the task at hand. If there weren’t so many lady joggers around I wouldn’t mind going nuts.

I did just put together a Home Depot rinse kit, looking forward to that ! (Thanks to whoever posted that $35 solution.)

PeakMaster likes this.
  9. deemce

deemce Well-Known Member

May 18, 2010
    USA Pennsylvania
    Park facing the wind. When you get out, dump the hot water over your head and in your suit. Peel off suit down to your waist and dry off top half. Cover bottom half with towel. Put on shirt sweatshirt. Peel off rest of suit and pull on jeans.

works well for me and I hate the cold....and 5mil suits!!

michael likes this.
  10. strez

strez Active Member

Mar 23, 2012
    Hamilton, Massachusetts
    Just ask one of the joggers to help.:)

michael likes this.