Winter suits..... anticipation

Clomics

Nov 5, 2012
Rather than starting a whole new wetsuit anxiety thread for something insignificant I figured I’d ask here.

Back of the neck rash. What to do for it? How to prevent it?

Got my first taste of 3/2 for the season and my neck is raw !

Vaseline or bodyglide.

Bonus trivia: the ocean scenes are filmed in El Segundo.

Mbaltazar

Mar 17, 2019
Portugal
I'm currently a Rip Curl user. The FlashBomb e5 4/3 chest zip with the rubber in the torso is quite flexible and easy to put on and off. The zip is slightly angled and it opens more than, for example O'Neill. This is my "depths of winter" suit.
My go to is a Rip Curl e-bomb e6 zipless 4/3 which is beyond comfortable. The thing is amazingly stretchy, very warm and once you get familiar with the entry system, it's very easy to put on and off.

I love new rubber, but I think there's zero innovation in 2020 that's worth to spend money on...

Chilly Willy

Feb 15, 2004
USA New Jersey
Back of the neck rash. What to do for it? How to prevent it?

Belly Jelly. It's a lubricant for wetsuit rash and other similar things. Put a little on to grease up your neck in that spot.

Great nostalgia for me, the fragrance of Belly Jelly brings me back to childhood spring break trips to Myrtle Beach. I came back from one of those trips in 7th grade with an insane rash on the back of my neck from boogie boarding all week. The upperclassman whose locker was next to mine asked what happened to my neck. I said, "It's wetsuit rash." He said, "Yeah right," and walked away. Ha ha. What else could it possibly be? My parents make me wear a dog collar at home?

kpd73

May 8, 2013
USA Rhode Island
I'm currently a Rip Curl user. The FlashBomb e5 4/3 chest zip with the rubber in the torso is quite flexible and easy to put on and off. The zip is slightly angled and it opens more than, for example O'Neill. This is my "depths of winter" suit.
My go to is a Rip Curl e-bomb e6 zipless 4/3 which is beyond comfortable. The thing is amazingly stretchy, very warm and once you get familiar with the entry system, it's very easy to put on and off.

I love new rubber, but I think there's zero innovation in 2020 that's worth to spend money on...

Had a zipperless Rip Curl 4/3 e-bomb that was hands down my Favorite suit. I can't imagine one in their new(er) neoprene.
So sick.

michael

Apr 19, 2017
NJ
Winter wetsuit anxiety is almost in full effect....

I sat in the cramped back seat of my truck this morning with my head between my legs defeated by my wet cold 5mil.

There’s got to be a better way

shadydave

Mar 10, 2014
Ayer Ma USA
Winter wetsuit anxiety is almost in full effect....

I sat in the cramped back seat of my truck this morning with my head between my legs defeated by my wet cold 5mil.

There’s got to be a better way
There is a better way, stand outside use your truck to block the wind if needed, take your suit off and pour some hot water over you then dry off and get dressed. Hell it wasn’t even cold this morning. :)

michael

Apr 19, 2017
NJ
There is a better way, stand outside use your truck to block the wind if needed, take your suit off and pour some hot water over you then dry off and get dressed. Hell it wasn’t even cold this morning. :)
Lol.

When peeling off a 5mil I find it difficult to stay covered up and keep hacking away at the task at hand. If there weren’t so many lady joggers around I wouldn’t mind going nuts.

I did just put together a Home Depot rinse kit, looking forward to that ! (Thanks to whoever posted that $35 solution.)

deemce

May 18, 2010
USA Pennsylvania
Park facing the wind. When you get out, dump the hot water over your head and in your suit. Peel off suit down to your waist and dry off top half. Cover bottom half with towel. Put on shirt sweatshirt. Peel off rest of suit and pull on jeans.

works well for me and I hate the cold....and 5mil suits!!

strez

Mar 23, 2012
Hamilton, Massachusetts
Just ask one of the joggers to help.:)

Lol.

When peeling off a 5mil I find it difficult to stay covered up and keep hacking away at the task at hand. If there weren’t so many lady joggers around I wouldn’t mind going nuts.

I did just put together a Home Depot rinse kit, looking forward to that ! (Thanks to whoever posted that $35 solution.)