Winter suits..... anticipation

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by michael, Jul 31, 2019.

1. strez

strez Active Member

Mar 23, 2012
    Hamilton, Massachusetts
    I've done that in the coldest weather. Polypro or thin wool gloves, socks, top, bottom as needed.

2. sightpoint

sightpoint Active Member

Jan 28, 2014
    2' and onshore
    I also wear the O'Neill 13 oz polypro top. Adds a lot of warmth. And I usually buy Xcel suits on Steep and Cheap. Might want to check The Clymb site right now because they're doing 20% off site-wide. Worth a look. Or call Patagonia outlets to see if they have suits in your size at deep discounts... and they ship.

https://www.theclymb.com/Search.aspx?l=00310559024700000000

3. deemce

deemce Well-Known Member

May 18, 2010
    USA Pennsylvania
    a LS rashguard does make getting out of a 5/4 a little more manageable......a little.

4. WhiteRussian

WhiteRussian Active Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Boston Harbor
    I'm between XL and XXL, technically in XL weigh category, but I had such hard time to use my winter XL-sized ws that I purchased XXL. It solved the problem, but it doesn't look good in some areas lol

5. strez

strez Active Member

Mar 23, 2012
    Hamilton, Massachusetts
    Extra bouyancy...not a bad thing :D

WhiteRussian likes this.
  6. soul_glide

soul_glide Active Member

Jan 1, 2005
    USA New Jersey
    Chilly Willy likes this.
  7. PeakMaster

PeakMaster Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2004
    USA New Jersey CMC
    Agree. Used from CL or otherwise, hill is not worth the climb. There are so many screaming deals online not worth it to buy someone else's piss sponge. The only ones that are rarely discounted are Patagonia.
    The chore, as was mentioned is getting it off when your tired. Outdoor shower would be ideal... lots of space but it's shut off for winter, so it's the wrestling match in the bathroom shower.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
  8. michael

michael Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2017
    NJ
    Rather than starting a whole new wetsuit anxiety thread for something insignificant I figured I’d ask here.

Back of the neck rash. What to do for it? How to prevent it?

Got my first taste of 3/2 for the season and my neck is raw !

9. SeniorGrom

SeniorGrom Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    USA New Jersey
    A rash guard top underneath will probably work. I have the O’Neill poly pro top described above too. Definitely adds warmth to the torso when the air is cold.

michael likes this.
  10. michael

michael Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2017
    NJ
    Good idea. While I don’t want to add any more steps, a turtle neck rash guard sounds like it’ll do the trick