Winter suits..... anticipation

WesCantDress

Mar 5, 2020
Long Beach, CA
Just got a zipperless 4/3 billabong. Getting in and out of it is rough. Has resulted in some embarrassing parking lot change attempts. Usually have to take a break about 2 mintues into getting the shoulder off. Warm though.

West81

Jun 28, 2021
Hollandia
Just ordered an Oneill 6/5 Psycho tech with a nice €120 discount

Been years since I got myself a fancy suit. Better be good as they predict a cold winter

Last edited:

DanSan

Jun 7, 2012
Soquel,CA
After reading this thread I have realized that this is why my shoulders bother me more in the colder months. If you are already committed to a chest zip that is not easy to get on and off are there any methods to make the process easier? Less injurious?
Have a friend or stranger help with that first pull off…

I lucked out twice in the past 3 years with
An xcel infinity back zip .with the pull over back Part
Warm as all get out.made only for the shops
Supposedly
Just recently shipped a board via leon
I always like to buy something whether I’m sending or receiving
So when saw the suit in my size scooped it ip

I do have a chest zip from 2021, but I’m hesitant to use after having both shoulder rotator cuffed…
But maybe when I know I’ll have help

Planktom

Dec 27, 2016
Devon, UK
I stil think a good back zip suit has a place in the world, and have just ordered the Volcom Modulator 4/3 with the same pull-over neck flap thingie... We'll see how it goes.

Hard to think of any other non-custom decent suits with a back zip.... Psycho and Psycho Tech, maybe?? Needessentials?

Lustro

Jul 25, 2021
San Carlos, CA
I really like my back zip Psycho Tech. Really warm, flexible, and easy the get on/off. That flap thing that goes over your head actually works. It's also a bit longer than my other O'neills for some reason (the others are a tad short on me).

BUT, I had to send it twice to Warranty within a year. It started coming apart after six months. Won't be buying again.