Who'd you order a new longboard from?

Discussion in 'Longboard Surf Buy/Sell/Trade' started by TurtleTime, Aug 27, 2020.

1. cuda

cuda Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2007
    Kris Hall

northbeachboy likes this.
  2. Ricksurfin

Ricksurfin Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2019
    San Clemente, CA
    So many good boards from good shapers. I personally wouldn’t order a new board, but rather shop the used market until I found what I wanted. If your patient and particular, you can get what you want and save quite a bit. Patience is the key, but the time frame can still be a lot less then wait for a custom, and the positive side is that you can hold the board and know it’s what you want rather then playing roulette with a shaper and glass shop.

3. Macilious

Macilious Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2010
    So check this out... I am on the street in Avon by the Sea, NJ - with my daughter at her friend's house and we see this couple with a MASSIVE dog come down the street.... I look at the guy and get all excited and i'm like "ARE YOU JOHNNY BORONE?!?!??!" slightly scared he's like ..."yea". Then I went total fan boy "I follow you on IG, love your shapes...." he is super nice and cool and we say good bye. Then my daughter is like "Dad is that guy famous?" HAHAHA

4. michael

michael Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2017
    NJ
    Borbone is the most stoked guy I’ve ever met. Love my 10’6 glider

WesCantDress and Patrick Riley like this.
  5. TurtleTime

TurtleTime New Member

Dec 25, 2018
    San Clemente
    Thanks all. And yeah Ricksurfin, patience IS key...still trying to learn that...:)

i have a while to think about it...I have also ordered 2 boards from a buddy...a 7.6 and a 8.8.....he could do the 9.6...but thought I'd like to go with someone super experienced. Never had a LB shaped for me.

maybe I should chill out.

6. DanSan

DanSan Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2012
    Soquel,CA
  7. SDBoardHoarder

SDBoardHoarder Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2018
    San Diego
    Can’t go wrong with a Josh Martin. Wait was a big on the longer side but now that’s she’s here I can’t complain.

67D252A1-8B3F-4C1F-8070-784D38E6B77F.jpeg

also, 2nd what @DanSan said above... Hank Warner has killer boards at insane prices.

8. Freddibetts

Freddibetts Well-Known Member

May 7, 2015
    USA New York
    i heard some dude names Trip Skye makes nice boards in your area- pricey though

Voncrutch, Makawaosurfer93 and DJR like this.
  9. Nubancho

Nubancho Active Member

Nov 16, 2016
    Orange County
    I got a Josh Martin longboard shaped for me and while it was a square tail (I think it was his Econoline model), it did noseride but didn't paddle well for me and so...I sold it. Lazy surfer here so "paddleability" is a big deal for me. I'm sure if we added a little more foam, it would've checked off all of my boxes/needs. Price was super reasonable (he was offering a 20% off final price so it came out to just over $1000 with gloss polish, custom resin on both sides, volan...I think it was around or before Christmas). Wait time was about 2 months. This was about 2 years ago. He's a great, easy to talk to, and super crafty guy and so I'm sure he could fix you up with a pintail noserider of some sort.

I'd also check out Chocolate Fish boards. Had a Nasty Pig Rider and it was always fun surfing that at Old Man's. Sold it because it was a 9'4. If I ever see a used 9'6 come up, I'd buy it for sure.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
  10. Kelly

Kelly Member

Jan 9, 2020
    IB

https://theboardsource.com/product/96-x-23-x-3-1-6-chocolate-fish-pig-longboard-surfboard/

Nubancho likes this.