Who'd you order a new longboard from?

Ricksurfin

Jun 9, 2019
San Clemente, CA
So many good boards from good shapers. I personally wouldn’t order a new board, but rather shop the used market until I found what I wanted. If your patient and particular, you can get what you want and save quite a bit. Patience is the key, but the time frame can still be a lot less then wait for a custom, and the positive side is that you can hold the board and know it’s what you want rather then playing roulette with a shaper and glass shop.

Macilious

Jun 15, 2010
Go wild and see the other coast. JOHNNY BORBONE. Hands down. Order a glider and you will NOT be disappointed. His craftsmanship is second to none.

So check this out... I am on the street in Avon by the Sea, NJ - with my daughter at her friend's house and we see this couple with a MASSIVE dog come down the street.... I look at the guy and get all excited and i'm like "ARE YOU JOHNNY BORONE?!?!??!" slightly scared he's like ..."yea". Then I went total fan boy "I follow you on IG, love your shapes...." he is super nice and cool and we say good bye. Then my daughter is like "Dad is that guy famous?" HAHAHA

TurtleTime

Dec 25, 2018
San Clemente
Thanks all. And yeah Ricksurfin, patience IS key...still trying to learn that...:)

i have a while to think about it...I have also ordered 2 boards from a buddy...a 7.6 and a 8.8.....he could do the 9.6...but thought I'd like to go with someone super experienced. Never had a LB shaped for me.

maybe I should chill out.

SDBoardHoarder

Sep 28, 2018
San Diego
Can’t go wrong with a Josh Martin. Wait was a big on the longer side but now that’s she’s here I can’t complain.

67D252A1-8B3F-4C1F-8070-784D38E6B77F.jpeg

also, 2nd what @DanSan said above... Hank Warner has killer boards at insane prices.

Nubancho

Nov 16, 2016
Orange County
I got a Josh Martin longboard shaped for me and while it was a square tail (I think it was his Econoline model), it did noseride but didn't paddle well for me and so...I sold it. Lazy surfer here so "paddleability" is a big deal for me. I'm sure if we added a little more foam, it would've checked off all of my boxes/needs. Price was super reasonable (he was offering a 20% off final price so it came out to just over $1000 with gloss polish, custom resin on both sides, volan...I think it was around or before Christmas). Wait time was about 2 months. This was about 2 years ago. He's a great, easy to talk to, and super crafty guy and so I'm sure he could fix you up with a pintail noserider of some sort.

I'd also check out Chocolate Fish boards. Had a Nasty Pig Rider and it was always fun surfing that at Old Man's. Sold it because it was a 9'4. If I ever see a used 9'6 come up, I'd buy it for sure.

Last edited:

Ramenkooker

Jan 9, 2020
CA
I got a Josh Martin longboard shaped for me and while it was a square tail (I think it was his Econoline model), it did noseride but didn't paddle well for me and so...I sold it. Lazy surfer here so "paddleability" is a big deal for me. I'm sure if we added a little more foam, it would've checked off all of my boxes/needs. Price was super reasonable (he was offering a 20% off final price so it came out to just over $1000 with gloss polish, custom resin on both sides, volan...I think it was around or before Christmas). Wait time was about 2 months. This was about 2 years ago. He's a great, easy to talk to, and super crafty guy and so I'm sure he could fix you up with a pintail noserider of some sort.

I'd also check out Chocolate Fish boards. Had a Nasty Pig Rider and it was always fun surfing that at Old Man's. Sold it because it was a 9'4. If I ever see a used 9'6 come up, I'd buy it for sure.

https://theboardsource.com/product/96-x-23-x-3-1-6-chocolate-fish-pig-longboard-surfboard/