Who'd you order a new longboard from?

TurtleTime

Dec 25, 2018
San Clemente
Hi all, somewhat new member here. Been lurking once in a while and see that there is a whole community of CL board stalkers! Ha ha...have bought and sold from there for years.

Anyways, WTB a new longboard. In the last 10 yrs I've switched to probably 60% + of my surfing on a longboard as shoulder/neck issues limit my shortboard patience.

During that time I've been riding a self-shaped 9'6" pintail. (also have an 80's velzy 9' that I scored from a neighbor 15yrs ago for $50!, yellowed. Rode for few years, needs restoration)...

Am open to buying a used one in the 9'4" -9'8" range, prefer a 9'6" if anyone has one here at the moment, I am in so. orange co, ca.

Am considering ordering a new one...being that used go for close to new prices, kinda...I don't want anything beat up.

All this being said, what would some of y'all recommend for someone that surfs a lot of Old Man's/SanO? I know I don't want a classic square tail noserider....but DO want to nose ride and turn. Old Man's can be kinda a diverse wave. I need something that can handle waves 2' overhead or so, I like sets...Have good exp. with Harbour and am considering Roger Hinds...

sorry for the long post, mahalo.

Bryce

Nov 6, 2017
_
Michael Takayama at Old Mans would have told you 10 years ago to get a board from Takayama Surfboards, now he will tell you to get a Michael Surfboard from him.

TurtleTime

Dec 25, 2018
San Clemente
Don't get me in trouble in my 1st post Bryce!

and thanks SeniorGrom, Jim Phillips on the list for sure.

I guess I dunno about pricing...as $1500 realm would be quite enough coin

Bryce

Nov 6, 2017
_
Don't get me in trouble in my 1st post Bryce!

and thanks SeniorGrom, Jim Phillips on the list for sure.

I guess I dunno about pricing...as $1500 realm would be quite enough coin

Well both options I mentioned make good longboards for Sano.

Also check out Tyler Surfboards...they have a big following for a good reason