Where to surf in the Bay Area? Hulls and longboards?

itsokay

Apr 18, 2021
San Francisco, California
Where would be a nice place to go surfing in the Bay Area with a displacement hull and or a longboard about 9'3.

Advice on times would be great too. Morning or evening is okay.

Scared of sharks.

Not very good.

Thank you. I'd appreciate any places or comments of advice. Happy Holidays.

mightyrime

Nov 10, 2020
oceanside ca
like the others said closer to santa cruz is better...

I live in Socal, but work up there a lot and keep a board at my sisters in Oakland. i usually only have a couple hours to get away so i need to stay close to the city. I usually surf Pacifica / Linda Mar.. I have tried Rockaway once and Princenton jetties once which is a bit further south.

The waves were just OK at all those places, I am sure they can be better but just OK when i was there.

I do know like the others said the Sanat Cruz area breaks are much better. Also my sister longboards and she loves Bolinas to the north, i have not been able to have enough time with work to get to either.

itsokay

Apr 18, 2021
San Francisco, California
Thank you all for your comments and recommendations. I'll check out Santa Cruz.

I've heard about Bolinas being cool. I didn't know about the shark attacks though. Heard there's been a lot of young sharks spotted somewhere up around Northern California.

Anyone have any thoughts on Monterey?

DanSan

Jun 7, 2012
Soquel,CA

I've heard about Bolinas being cool. I didn't know about the shark attacks though. Heard there's been a lot of young sharks spotted somewhere up around Northern California.

Try further south.
Andrew molina...plaskett...etc..
Gems..to be found..

Bonzourno

Sep 29, 2018
Capitola

If you like to go left and the swell is big enough, Lovers Point in Pacific Grove is a user friendly wave.