where to go

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by cuda, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Veterano

Veterano Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2013
    My 60th B-Day trip. It was a humdinger:

[​IMG]

hankster, 306Bing, Surfnfish and 4 others like this.
  2. cuda

cuda Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2007
  3. davey

davey Active Member

Jun 9, 2007
    Australia
    Nice wave vet, should have stomped the tail and you'd be in the barrel..

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
  4. Veterano

Veterano Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2013
    North of there. The Telos.

5. dingpatch

dingpatch Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2014
    Florida USA
    For 60 you need to say "Screw It!", and go First Class to Hawaii. I fly to Atlanta from MLB and then take Delta flight 837, "Delta One" cabin with the bed, non-stop to Honolulu, then hop from HNL to either Kauai or Maui. (but I never paid, always had more than enough miles)

Or, actually for you, Hawaiian HA89 out of Logan looks very doable. The "lie flat" seats on the A330 are very nice.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
  6. Poseidon

Poseidon Member

Jan 12, 2018
    Moro Bay
    South Africa or Namibia if you have never been

hankster likes this.
  7. Surfnfish

Surfnfish Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2015
    Devils Lake, Oregon Coast
    turning 60 is a definitive marker, and you only do it once...so why only reward yourself with 10 days?

Call in some markers, push all your chips into the middle of the table, and at least double your time...then you can start looking at a whole globe, not half of one...

hankster likes this.
  8. GT

GT Member

Feb 15, 2004
    USA California
    Hawaii - try and make it happen - you will not regret it.

If not, Punta Mita is a great shout.

9. cuda

cuda Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2007
    thanks for all the suggestions and advice. I really appreciate you taking the time.

I work at a University. Getting 12 days off in the the middle of the semester is pretty much the best I can pull.
    I fully get the sentiment that 60 is only once. Though it's all sort of ones respective position in life. What seems simple and low bar setting for you is actually about as good as it gets for me.

Additionally, at my age and skill set it's pointless looking at A list destinations where I have no business paddling out.
    That part about me being a kook wasnt false modesty in any way shape or form.

Ive been surfing (you could call it that :0) for 25 years and can barely do anything that kind of resembles surfing. I dont even surf our best spots on good days here in RI.
    To think that if I scrape together enough coin and pull the trigger on a no holds barred trip to the surf destination of my dreams I'm suddenly going to become Devon Howard once I get there would be stupid and a huge waste on many levels.

An average, but consistent spot with warm water decent surf for 10 days straight is would be amazing. The Mexico or El Salvador options sound more my speed.

Surfnfish and Andrew Johnson like this.
  10. Andrew Johnson

Andrew Johnson Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Ventura, CA
    Mex or El Salv sound like great options... you're gonna have a blast, and at the end of the day, that's what it's all about. I'm stoked that you're planning a trip like this for yourself. Can't wait to hear how it goes!