What's 11'7" and really cool?

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by Basenji703, May 4, 2019.

1. Basenji703

Basenji703 Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2014
    Virginia Beach, VA
    IMG_5550.jpeg
    An Eavey Glider. I was dangerous before...but this is a whole new level of dangerous.

DKNJ, Lackosense, joeblackuz and 17 others like this.
  2. Dawnpatrol

Dawnpatrol Well-Known Member

May 7, 2006
    PNW
    Looks like a true "crowd pleaser"!

Basenji703 and DJR like this.
  3. DJR

DJR Active Member

Feb 1, 2018
    Carolina Beach NC
    Greg’s gliders are wonderful. Congrats!

Basenji703 likes this.
  4. Freddibetts

Freddibetts Well-Known Member

May 7, 2015
    USA New York
  5. dingpatch

dingpatch Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2014
    Florida USA
    Do you have to attend classes for that, or do you just take an on-line course to get your license?

6. Tlri

Tlri Active Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Rhode island
    Beautiful sled.
    Please give a ride report.

Basenji703 likes this.
  7. Artz

Artz Active Member

Nov 22, 2018
    Florida
    The SUP sweepers are on notice.

Basenji703 and DJR like this.
  8. FirstPointEric

FirstPointEric Well-Known Member

Congrats, basenji. Looks so good; love everything I see on that thing; bottom shot might be good too but only after you surf it and stuff. ;)

Basenji703 likes this.
  9. Basenji703

Basenji703 Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2014
    Virginia Beach, VA
    It is very interesting in a good way. I was able to turn it and even got a couple of cut backs on a couple of waves. The board actually seems to surf shorter than it is, except at the end of the wave. Once you lose speed you really have to manage all of that extra length. You have to remember to turn it from the tail, but that really isn't so difficult. I am using an 8.5 cut away fin. It seems to work OK, but I will be experimenting. I tried to do a fade left, snap right that didn't work, so I am going to try a narrower fin. We have a few guys that ride gliders here and I am going to try a fin like they are using to see how they work. Catching a wave is not as easy as you might think. I was told to paddle closer to the nose than I would expect and that helped a lot with the drop in. That being said, my wave count went down. I missed a number of waves that I thought I would catch. Part of it is because the tide was coming in, but the larger part was me. All in all it was a great first session. I may try for another one this pm. I know this will disappoint SharkB8 who is already lusting after this board, but he will just have to be patient.

Dawnpatrol and Wade In The Waves like this.
  10. DJR

DJR Active Member

Feb 1, 2018
    Carolina Beach NC
    I had an 11’2 from Greg similar shape and amd it was a wonderfully surfable board
    Magic fin was a Skip Frye 8” True Ames
    Enjoy!!!!

DKNJ likes this.