What board are you vibing on these days?

Chilly Willy

Feb 15, 2004
USA New Jersey
Yes a friend of mine has the 7’9 and we trade often. It’s fantastic. I picked up a 6’9 vaquero with edge that I’m saving for a big day and have a 7’6 edge vaquero in the works ....kmon in, the kool aids fine, oh ya!

Wow! So you clearly enjoy the Vaquero. What's your take on the different lengths vs. ride style vs. wave size/type? Is there any happy medium between all sizes in your experience, or do all have their own perks to justify the range of lengths?

Sax-son

Nov 23, 2019
High Sierras, CA
Three actually, Harbour Cheeter 9'8", completed and picked up in June, Bing Lightweight 9'8" Just completed, will pick up sometime in August, and a Yater Spoon, 9'9" should be done by the end of next month. I have been planning these for the last few years.

Nilus

Jun 30, 2008
My go-to has been a custom 5'9 CI Biscuit that I got just before the summer began. Touch wider than standard. Besides a frye k model, it's the first thruster I've owned since the late 90s. And it basically has me realizing what a mistake that was. :)

I'm gonna have them shave a couple inches off the next one and also thin it out a bit more and keep doing that until I find out where the lower limit is for me .... but after 40-odd sessions in very small to very large waves, it's been a refreshing change and a big eye opener.

applebutter

Aug 23, 2008
Stoker V by Fowler. Started with a 6'8, now going a bit smaller at 6'6. Most fun I've had on a board in a long time

michael

Apr 19, 2017
NJ
Wow! So you clearly enjoy the Vaquero. What's your take on the different lengths vs. ride style vs. wave size/type? Is there any happy medium between all sizes in your experience, or do all have their own perks to justify the range of lengths?
Haven’t spent nearly as much time on this shape as other guys on here, but the different sizes do just what you think they would, all butter though