What are you waiting for?

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by hangheels, Apr 20, 2010.

1. John

John Member

Mar 4, 2004
    USA Delaware
    Makawaosurfer93 wrote:
    similar to this? 10' Bumblebee
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. opalcliffs

opalcliffs New Member

Aug 5, 2007
    Just got to love the boards by Ole.

3. aloof

aloof Member

Feb 5, 2005
    USA
    all those boards look choice

4. RATZAX

RATZAX Member

Jun 7, 2010
    P-TownSurfer wrote:
    I was fortunate to be able to ride this board on Saturday at Pacific City,Or. I met up at the beach with P-Townsurfer and his girlfreiend and he was generous enough to let me ride the board for about 20 minutes ! !

Man that is a sweet riding board. I was amazed at all the features built into the board.Very intelligent design.It was so smooth and turned very well. One outstanding feature was the way you could feel the tail lifting the nose.

Whew...that is a nice ride!

5. Miles

Miles Member

Feb 6, 2006
    USA
    RZ, I see you ordered one, too. Did you go with a 10 footer, too. How do you guys feel that 10' paddles and what size are you comparing it to? Thanks.

6. RATZAX

RATZAX Member

Jun 7, 2010
    Yes I ordered a Levitator 10' x 21 x 24.75 x 16.5 x 3.25

I ordered it thru Cleanline Surf Shop in Seaside ,Oregon.

I rode P -Towns Elevator and it paddled very well AND I COULD KNEE PADDLE IT :dude::D:dude::D

I am currently riding a 9'6 In The Pink. The Elevator paddled better than the Pink due to a shallower concave under the nose. I have an epoxy Pink and the Bing had a smoother feel for sure. I was amazed at the difference in the way the Elevator haddled in the soup. It was better than my Pink and I am sure that was due to the epoxy.

Don't get me wrong...there is nothing wrong with my In The Pink.

7. P-TownSurfer

P-TownSurfer New Member

Jun 21, 2010
    USA Oregon
    NICE! I am very interested to see how the Ratzax Levitator turns out. I personally love my new Elevator. Board looks great, paddles great, and the ride is sublime. Definitely took a minute to get it figured out, but after I got the feel down, everything just fell into place. My favorite characteristic of the board, is the feel when riding on the front half. Board just powers through sections, and almost feels like it just jumps over close-outs and or the foam ball. Felt like I was going to get closed out a few times, and then just like that the board allows you to easily make the section. The last thing i would say about the Elevator, is that it felt/looked much smaller than I expected, before i got it in the water, but still paddled like a 10 footer. The pulled in nose, and tail kick really make the board seem much shorter/narrower, but it doesn't lose any performance in terms of paddling. First Bing I have ever ordered, but will not be the last. Just need to wait until my bank account recovers!:D

8. Makawaosurfer93

Makawaosurfer93 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2007
    USA New Jersey
    Well, the Ole arrived about 2 weeks agao. I got the call as I was boarding a flight to Chicago for work. The warehouse would have to hold it for a couple of days. They said no problem. When I go home 5 days later, I waited until late at night to pick it up. ( NJL recommended this so as to avoid the craziness at the Elizabeth Seaport) Good call, because there was hardly anyone around when I did get there at 9:00 PM. By the time I got home, I was exhausted, and just put the box in the garage until the morning. The next day I opened the box and all looked good until I felt one of the rails. A shatter, which broke the glass, about 3 inches long. Not the end of the world and I just said, " oh well". I brought it to njrider for a repair and he did a great job. Looks like a little stress on the glass right now.

I hope to get her wet tomorrow, but if not tomorrow then next week when I get back into town.

Dims: 9'9.5" X 23.5 X 3.5 no concave, volan w/deck patch

Attached files
    [​IMG]

9. Makawaosurfer93

Makawaosurfer93 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2007
    USA New Jersey