What are you driving?

cheyneskeezer

May 30, 2017
Long Beach CA
Do you like it? Is it a good vehicle for your surfing needs? in the market this month for a new car. steer me in the right direction! looking to buy, around $50k budget
Hands down the best thing we have purchased next to our house and about your price point. I had a Silverado with 180k miles and a flip pac camper shell we did local beach camping in and was my daily driver. Saved for a few years moved some money around and purchased this 2018 med room transit last year. We’ve done countless road trips with my wife and. 3yo. Has solar a lithium battery that powers all the Add ons like our trail kitchen sink and fridge and our exhaust fans. Seats 3/4. Slide a log into it up to 11ft and I always have a fish hanging from the bottom of the bed. Gets decent Milage 13-14 but I also have 32s on it. I was gonna go sprinter but opted away after the countless horror stories I’ve heard about warrenty dilemmas. I’ve had no issues with Ford for service and haven’t had any issues yet.

if ur so cal check out Brandon at gonemobilevans he’s a outstanding guy and I’d say we’ve become friends thru dealing with him. He’s building budget vans full time now in costa Mesa simple clean and functional and don’t need to take out a 30y mortgage!
DA9EAEA9-B6B0-46AE-A1EB-E5B0B979A645.jpeg 77AC4DC0-4C32-4D5C-A29E-1720F52ADA05.jpeg 53B01A62-C7B8-46F9-AE16-7CF74B52A8FC.jpeg DD1E9700-3B9B-4CC4-B600-55B6B53D37BC.jpeg D69B06A7-D6C2-4A29-A091-C0063A45590D.jpeg 34000DB9-F2D5-4F60-961A-2D44058D02E0.jpeg

cheyneskeezer

May 30, 2017
Long Beach CA
sweet rig...hearing too many issues with the later model Sprinters.
Did you go witrh the ecoboost engine? How is it in the mountains?
cheers
nope just 3.7 v6 gasser figured put oil in it and go for 200k miles. we did a 1800 mile road trip back in oct prescot, sedona, bryce, zion and straight home to socal. i mean youre not doing 85 up passes but it stays with traffic.

now with the cargo crew vans with the second row of seating from factory i think you cant go wrong! Did well in june lake in some snow as well 2wd with ATS

Planktom

Dec 27, 2016
Devon, UK
Those latest Transits are great.

We have all iterations here in the UK and the last two series' have been the best. Earlier ones are touch and go for corrosion, not helped by the salt we use on roads in the winter here.

The medium roof is definitely the go in terms of space and versatility I think. A couple of friends have pop tops and they are just not practical outside of summer weather.

You got a good one there Cheyne

DJR

Feb 1, 2018
Carolina Beach NC
2015 Toyota Sienna. Seats 7 with all seats up, but I can seat 5 with a couple of boards up to 10'10' slid down the middle. Or, fold the back row down and you can slide the big boards (2 of them) down the middle and boards up to 8 feet can go from stern to back of middle row seats. Then it is 4 people and a $hit ton of boards and everyone is comfortable. OR, Take all the back seats out and have a super stealthy, fast, safe, powerful shred-mobile. I have camped in it with a full double mattress and room for wetsuit tubs and coolers in that big space in the back. My new idea is to get an AWD version, get the 3" lift kit that is available (makes it more like a Subaru, not stupid looking) and create a badass shred/camp special that can be converted back into a people hauler. There is a stable of 260 horses under the hood. All the creature comforts, air bags, 4 wheel disk brakes, and you can even go to the roof for more space for boards and rocket box or whatever. I have loved all my minivans and my trusty 1993 Toyota 2WD, single cab truck, but this minivan is the best shred-mobile yet! I just used it today in the rain and the rear hatch makes a dry cover to change. Also, we had wicked, frosty offshore winds lately and you can orient the vehicle to block the wind for changing, or you can just change inside altogether!
Gotta 2011 Sienna on the way thanks to this post i particular @SeabassMan the rear hatch as overhang and it being a Toyota sold me. Should have it in a week or so

DJR

Feb 1, 2018
Carolina Beach NC
Gotta 2011 Sienna on the way thanks to this post i particular @SeabassMan the rear hatch as overhang and it being a Toyota sold me. Should have it in a week or so
Stoked. Waiting for her to tell me her name. Capt Frankie our Old English Sheepdog, a distinguished gentleman of 12 approves. Added front license plate so easy to find in a parking lot. Great call @SeabassMan
9599DFB8-FB96-4478-BD8F-CFCFA892E116.jpeg
BAB87343-692B-45AB-AE04-DFF4778C7CED.jpeg

Ricksurfin

Jun 9, 2019
San Clemente, CA
Congrats, my Sienna is the best surf vehicle I’ve ever owned. Far from sexy, but it just works. I have all my seats out but the front. Boards slip right in, bikes, you name it. I also have a closet rod that goes across the back coat hooks that I hang my wetsuits from and a bin with all my necessary surf accessories in, so all I have to do is hop in and go. Makes it so easy.
You’re going to love it!

Reactions: DJR