what are people listening to today?

DJR

Feb 1, 2018
Carolina Beach NC
one of my favorite albums of all time
one of the best near stream of consciousness Camp Malibu
which it turns out is a great lesson in coastal gentrification for the rest of us

I remember sitting in the bug in the high school parking lot… zoning

Sax-son

Nov 23, 2019
High Sierras, CA
AMERICA is BIG, WIDE & DIVERSE........... I love the choice of instrumentation going on here, "Appalachian Style" I guess...... foot tapping is allowed.
It goes to show that anything can become a musical instrument if motivated. This is most likely a revisit of how mountain music got started in the first place. The only difference was the popular music at the time. However, no AC/DC to pull from back in the day.

Sax-son

Nov 23, 2019
High Sierras, CA
Traditional tune, this version arranged by Bert, later stolen by Jimmy Page.
Great video link! There is not that much floating around out there with Bert on it. He is one of the most overlooked guitarists out there. More of a hero in Britain, but he had his fans here as well. I loved many of his solo records as well as his contributions in Pentangle with John Renbourn. Bert. Davy Graham, and very early Donovan are staples in my record collection today. Good choice!

Reactions: XXX

XXX

Dec 18, 2020
Nowhere
Great video link! There is not that much floating around out there with Bert on it. He is one of the most overlooked guitarists out there. More of a hero in Britain, but he had his fans here as well. I loved many of his solo records as well as his contributions in Pentangle with John Renbourn. Bert. Davy Graham, and very early Donovan are staples in my record collection today. Good choice!

Gretsch

Aug 31, 2008
USA
ABE6AB06-6BCE-41AB-87EB-C55A951405C1.jpeg

pintail

Feb 19, 2004
LA, California
Way behind the curve, but recently discovered a local LA jazz station and find myself listening to it preferentially when I'm driving. Big departure from my usual rock/blues/speed metal interests.

Camel Rock

Mar 23, 2020
San Diego
Been listening to a bunch of podcast recently (WTF, Smartless and Armchair Expert), but also been playing the newer release from Black Country, New Road - Ants From Up There

Members online