what are people listening to today?

Zzz

Aug 15, 2017
CA
I’m stumbled into some pristine early ‘80s pop records recently and this one is actually pretty good. These are essentially the same record that was first released with limited success in 1981 (left) and then rereleased in 1983 (right) when they blew up.
700378EF-2307-4FA2-8A22-C4C77ED1D245.jpeg

Zufeldt

Apr 6, 2021
Los Angeles
I’m stumbled into some pristine early ‘80s pop records recently and this one is actually pretty good. These are essentially the same record that was first released with limited success in 1981 (left) and then rereleased in 1983 (right) when they blew up. View attachment 31292
That’s fun stuff. Do these have Is There Something I Should Know? I think later on they made Ordinary World during those days when my life was a blur, but I think my favorite of theirs and enjoy it immensely today.

Speaking of today, over the radio came Space Station No. 5 by Montrose.Hard to keep that one toned down. Just like D D, more fun.

Zzz

Aug 15, 2017
CA
That’s fun stuff. Do these have Is There Something I Should Know? I think later on they made Ordinary World during those days when my life was a blur, but I think my favorite of theirs and enjoy it immensely today.

Speaking of today, over the radio came Space Station No. 5 by Montrose.Hard to keep that one toned down. Just like D D, more fun.
Something I Should Know was added to the ‘83 version and one song was shortened. Those are the main differences.

I’ve been listening to lots of unusual old records while I work from home and maybe I’ll post more of them here.

Zzz

Aug 15, 2017
CA
Never seen that album. When was it recorded?
I would guess around 1970. It has “whiter shade of pale” which is something of a clue. I found a pile of these Studio One and Coxone records for a few bucks each in the ‘90s and traded in many of my cds them. Coincidentally this also has a track called Massachusetts which is where I am.
BFFAE9B1-58F1-4535-AD2A-1CEEC1715440.jpeg