weight works

Surfertom

Mar 6, 2004
Hermosa Beach, California
The nice thing about my low rocker boards and a rocky bottom low tide, is once I am just about in knee depth, I flip my board fin side up and paddle until it gets deeper. Also if needing to roll over an incoming wall of soup, they let the water flow over much nicer. That flow thing can work to your advantage in several ways.

ST :cool:

miscreant

May 20, 2016
The nice thing about my low rocker boards and a rocky bottom low tide, is once I am just about in knee depth, I flip my board fin side up and paddle until it gets deeper. Also if needing to roll over an incoming wall of soup, they let the water flow over much nicer. That flow thing can work to your advantage in several ways.

ST :cool:
56D88209-E44F-44B4-B3B6-B01E8D18AC74.jpeg

Driftwood

Dec 2, 2014
France
I've been intrigued lately of Tom Blake's Kookbox and they typically weigh 50-70# and would love to try one out.
There is or was a guy down in Biarritz that built several a few years ago. Beautiful craftsmanship. Paddled out on one at small Parlementia and it was a very educational trip... Well worth it if you ever get the chance.

Or grab a set of those Popular Mechanics plans and build it. I may have a scan of those somewhere if you'd like.

Syncro

Nov 1, 2021
Ocean Beach
Brian Bent surfs them all the time here in south Orange County. Surfs them really well. He does attach a fin to them. So stylish a surfer and one of the nicest people you could ever meet.
Yeah I follow him on IG, and in one of the video noticed he does have a modern fin box in them. Still intriguing I imagine that with a fin it would surf like a bad/different version of my 12' glider.