Wayne Rich x Channel Islands

fluidworks

Dec 1, 2019
San Luis Obispo, CA
Maybe old news but the manager of the local shop here in morro bay chatted to me about new collaboration coming out and I hadn’t heard about it.

Apparently Wayne’s going into the CI factory to shape (I’m assuming finish off a CNC’d blank) which is then getting glassed and distributed through the CI network.

A few models with a few set lengths. No customization of course. Price tag reflects WR prices (9’9 for $1640?!) with wholesale for the shop only a couple hundred less than that

The manager here was telling me these are supposed to be releasing soon, pretty interested to see where this goes for WR.

Last edited:
Reactions: DJR

Salty

May 1, 2010
USA California
I saw this the other day on the CI website:

SeniorGrom

Mar 20, 2012
USA New Jersey
A few came in to our local shop a year ago. They had model names same as Wayne’s customs. I was told they were part of the colab and the reason they unexpectedly became available. One follow up report showed massive deck denting probably from the glassing schedule.

Veterano

Aug 29, 2013
That's another reason I get customs, I call the glassing scedule. I like Wayne & I like Britt but bottom line, they are a commodity. Just my 2 cents. Carry on.

Jc Nelson

Jul 21, 2019
CALIFORNIA US OFA
A few came in to our local shop a year ago. They had model names same as Wayne’s customs. I was told they were part of the colab and the reason they unexpectedly became available. One follow up report showed massive deck denting probably from the glassing schedule.

6+4/6 standard hplb schedule. intrigued by a wr/ci pro mod. others not so much.