wavepool mania

nedsurf

Jan 22, 2005
The one proposed for Oceanside is still alive, incredibly. Money talks.

nineohtoo

Apr 13, 2021
Pacifica, CA
To be fair, the morning traffic to town (and I presume on the way to H2 to go North in the winter) is awful from the west side and the waves around Ewa Beach aren't always that great :p

But realistically, this Oahu one is probably for the tourists who want a resort like experience and don't want to be troubled to bother with lineup etiquette. I honestly would rather have these kooks go here and inject money into the local economy than crowd up town lineups, dropping in an on auntie or uncle who have been patiently waiting for their set wave. I saw way too much of that this past summer and I'm surprised locals weren't more aggressive about it considering it wasn't that bad during the rest of the pandemic.

OCSURFER32

Feb 15, 2004
West Palm Beach
I mean let’s be real there isn’t a whole lot of inland property available to Build one of dem Contraptions

Bet next one is on the MOON

nedsurf

Jan 22, 2005

They reference "the grumbling from some corners", it was downright screaming but city council doesn't give a rip about the citizens. Yet another reason I am seriously think of heading to other territory away from the ocean.

Sax-son

Nov 23, 2019
High Sierras, CA
This whole draught water situation in California is going to make this a "hard sale" for local politics. Now is not the right time. Tennessee would be a better place for one as they seem to have floods and excess rain. No water problems there.

Members online