Warmest Booties??

Bighouse

Feb 21, 2012
East End, Long Island
Now that the waters here in the NE are in the 30s, any more feedback on how warm the 6mm Solites are? I have them (and have not worn them after water temps went lower than the 40s) but they seem too thin for this water temp. Any feedback?

I wore them a month ago in NY on a lovely 16 degree morning and had numb toes pretty quick. I do love the little
Socks though. I now wear them
With my R5 booties.

NCJohn

Oct 27, 2015
Wilmington, NC
Even in our relatively warm waters down here in SE North Carolina I like to wear the warmest booties I can find and for me it's been the 7mm xcel drylock but I waited too long to get a pair this year and I couldnt find any bootie in my size anywhere. I really wanted to try the solite 8mm custom fire this year but it won't be back in stock until July according to their website.

But if anyone is having the same issue, I would recommend going to the Patagonia site. They have their R5 bootie for sale now although it won't be back in stock until 3/6. I took a chance and ordered a pair.

Parosker

Oct 2, 2019
Rhode Island
Now that the waters here in the NE are in the 30s, any more feedback on how warm the 6mm Solites are? I have them (and have not worn them after water temps went lower than the 40s) but they seem too thin for this water temp. Any feedback?
The Solites did not treat me well in cold water. My feet got cold and numb pretty quickly, even worse on lully days. I do like the socks though and will probably use them on my 5mm drylock booties for some added comfort.

Fubar

Jul 21, 2005
Cambridge, MA
I just bought these 7/5 Axxe booties one month ago. I've never had a warmer boot. They are more like a sock, the durability of the sole is TBD. They are easier to get on/off than regular booties with all the over-molded parts.

You can turn them inside out and they will be dry by the next morning.

I bet next year's model will have a strap on the instep for a tighter fit. After surfing. they have more water in them than a regular bootie.

michael

Apr 19, 2017
NJ
I just bought these 7/5 Axxe booties one month ago. I've never had a warmer boot. They are more like a sock, the durability of the sole is TBD. They are easier to get on/off than regular booties with all the over-molded parts.

You can turn them inside out and they will be dry by the next morning.

I bet next year's model will have a strap on the instep for a tighter fit. After surfing. they have more water in them than a regular bootie.
Same. Wear a sock under for firmer fit.

the guy that sold it to me said don’t walk on the street or they’re goners.

nitsuj

Oct 3, 2005
Been underwhelmed by my Patagonias, also they are shorter in height than others which I find really annoying being 6'4ish. My low level Billabongs and Quiks (both 5mm) that I just got are far warmer than the fancy lined Patagonias.

ekim

Oct 14, 2015
7mil Oneill Heats. Don't like their wetsuits but these are nice for my 13" clown feet. They fit true to size.

Last edited: