Ward surfboards?

walkingtheplank

Aug 2, 2004
wherever i am
found a board that i may rescue down in G-ville, & am wondering if anyone is familiar w/the label: Ward surfboards or shapes? no, not Ward Coffey...pretty sure this guy is a SC or NC shaper.

any help is greatly appreciated.

TIA

Bruce Fowler

Jul 28, 2018
California
As always one picture is worth 1k words.

Is this a long, medium or shortboard?

Foam, Balsa, Redwood, or Koa?

Fin or Finless?

Resin & Fiberglass or Varnsihed?

....see what I'm saying.

If it is a shortboard with a W for the logo it likely would be Michael Ward from Huntington Beach..... just a stab in the dark.

walkingtheplank

Aug 2, 2004
wherever i am
good point, Bruce - here's a shot of the lam:

Ward-lam.png

the board has a single finbox, & appears to be a squaretail noserider. dims are 9' x 23.5" x 3"

Mango Bill

Oct 4, 2006
USA California
I had a 8’6” was based off Weber feather fastback sold it frozenbolt he was NC shaper and it was glassed by a NC glass shop was a guy on the forum who designed it he had a online surf shop can’t remember his name was a good board

Attachments

• 695FF9DE-A6C8-461B-A052-ECA1F7BC4EB8.jpeg
    695FF9DE-A6C8-461B-A052-ECA1F7BC4EB8.jpeg
    60.1 KB · Views: 21

Bruce Fowler

Jul 28, 2018
California
I had a 8’6” was based off Weber feather fastback sold it frozenbolt he was NC shaper and it was glassed by a NC glass shop was a guy on the forum who designed it he had a online surf shop can’t remember his name was a good board
Same logo on it?

I know Michael Ward just used a "W" but did make noseriders & longboards. He and his wife Marie, a French very talented French artist, originally brought "Shape 3D" to the states. Marie was longtime friends with the French people that developed the program......... early days of the reverse engineering approach date back all the way to well known French shaper Michael Barland. He first developed & brought his program & ability to replicate a design back when I was heavily into sailboards (1981-1990).