Wanted: Tyler Riddler

deweybeachme

Sep 7, 2007
USA South Carolina
easy turbo- i was kidding around... i feel the same way as you, my riddler is a mindblowing noserider. you can eat a pb and j sandwich on the nose. in fact, there is so much water weight on the tail and so much lift in the nose that you need to be on the nose just to keep it from jittering... i'm sure the Is Is is similair...

do they make madras wetsuits?

Silk123

Feb 11, 2005
USA New Jersey
have never had one person come and ask for there money back on a zeph board more like bro that is the best board I have ever ridden, I am saving for another model.

ask silk123 he's ridden one, anyone else? what you got to offer deweybeachme?
Yep. Isis is sick. I'm not even very good and I was on the nose quite a bit. I was impressed by how easily the board turned, too. Turn from the rails, turn from the tail, didnt really matter. The board just seemed to go where you wanted it to. And I am saving up money for a Zeph cause I got a chance to ride one of his boards. Probably a Fade-to-Black, but I'm sure it'll be just a nice.:cool:

Never ridden a Tyler before so can't comment on them.

johnxyz

Apr 7, 2004
pierpont-scott wrote:
. Higher quality. What else is there??? It Is Is.
Higher quality? Than a Tyler? I thought that's why Tyler charges up to $2,500 clams for his Craftsman line!

Common (mis) understanding that the Tylers were that final 'nTH Degree' better build quality then even a CF or Zeph C. ?

Personally I think the Tylers are a 'bit dear' pricewise but....

slosurf

Sep 1, 2004
USA Maryland
I think when you get to the quality level of a Tyler Craftmsman, Zeph Bing, Calvani-shaped DN Noserider, Gene Nosedevil, I think you are trying to split hairs when arguing quality. They may all sell for different prices, they may be available in different quantities, but they are all on the same playing field in terms of quality, IMHO.

twizzly

Dec 22, 2006
slosurf wrote:
I think when you get to the quality level of a Tyler Craftmsman, Zeph Bing, Calvani-shaped DN Noserider, Gene Nosedevil, I think you are trying to split hairs when arguing quality. They may all sell for different prices, they may be available in different quantities, but they are all on the same playing field in terms of quality, IMHO.
I agree. In fact, "quality" is a pretty tough thing to quantify anyway. If I had to toss some thoughts out there, I would say:

• uniformity of outline[/*]
  • uniformity of contours[/*]
  • fin bead (if glass on)[/*]
  • uniformity and placement of fin slots (if not glass on)[/*]
  • cutlap uniformity[/*]
  • color uniformity / application[/*]
  • materials
[/*]
I'm sure there are 20 more things to think about here, but I'll leave it to the experts.

As far as these criteria go, I'm pretty confident that all the above named surfboards are about as high end as you can get. At least to an untrained eye. I would add Harbour and Oakfoils to that list as well based on my own personal experiences. As well as Cooperdesigns, Lance Carson and Tyler's non-Craftsman based on having seen a few and found their overall quality to be top notch.

Benny

Feb 17, 2004
Ayo my quality control, captivates your party patrol
Your mind, body, and soul
For whom the bell tolls, let the rhythm explode
Big, bad, and bold b-boys of old

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI4iDM09oRE

Yo, yo, well it's the angelic man-relic clan repellent
My plan parent manuscripts withstand bullets
Flashing like a Japan tourist, we command pure hits
While you cramming to understand these contraband lyrics