Wanted: 9'6-9'8 Longboard

chest_zip

Feb 24, 2021
Windan
Hi, the quiver re-shape continues. Looking for a blade-ier log for some punchier breaks to complement my 10' TW Noserider saved for the cruisier zones.

Something along the lines of Bing Pocket Knife / PK Speed shape, Tyler Warren Diamond / Transition, Elmore Sam's Club, etc.

In trade, I am coming from deep Norcal back to SD this Wednesday, and then also going up to a friend's in Ventura 10 days later (Oct 9th). I can assist with a board train!

OceanBreeze55

Nov 19, 2020
Los Angeles
I was in the Stewart shop San Clemente yesterday and they have a nice used Bing pocket knife upstairs on consignment maybe negotiable …can’t remember price …give em a call

chest_zip

Feb 24, 2021
Windan
I was in the Stewart shop San Clemente yesterday and they have a nice used Bing pocket knife upstairs on consignment maybe negotiable …can’t remember price …give em a call
Thanks for the lead. According to the pic the sales guy sent me, it was a pintail lightweight. Close but no cigar

mightyrime

Nov 10, 2020
oceanside ca
FYI the Bing Pocket knife is not the board for punchy bigger breaks. Its a dedicated noserider that quickly pulls back to the pocket. For the correct wave its great, I would not take it out if the waves had more juice.

the PK speed shape i cant comment on but it is probably a better fit.

OceanBreeze55

Nov 19, 2020
Los Angeles
I was in the Stewart shop San Clemente yesterday and they have a nice used Bing pocket knife upstairs on consignment …can’t remember price …give em a call
Thanks for the lead. According to the pic the sales guy sent me, it was a pintail lightweight. Close but no cigar
lol yeah my 50 something short term memory …yes now you say lightweight..oh well good luck

timberandtoes

May 16, 2022
pocket knife is a great board...

I would says its a good board for a punchyier wave thats "faster" than your normal "sano" style wave (your 10ft tw), even though the pocket knife is still amazing at a beach and point break. Beach breaks like blackies the pocket knife was tons of fun.

important to think about the type of break/wave and how you surf.

Look into some aussie style shapes. TW transition, some thomas boards, grant noble ect. (he keeps his fairly narrow and great rails) these you could easily take out on overhead days.

chest_zip

Feb 24, 2021
Windan
Bump.. en route back to SD log-less.

Can still help with board train LA/OC to SD. (Sorry, saw the thread from SF.. Santa Clara is not near)

WillieP

Oct 22, 2016
South Carolina
longer magic should be on your short list
Or even a 9’6” Mitsven “mini glider”. A buddy of mine, good surfer (more of a short boarder than a longboarder who also shapes (his name has been mentioned at least once on this site) rode my 9’6” Mitsven “mini glider” last Wed and Thursday during Fiona and said it was the best longboard he ever rode. I had to pull it out of his car before he left my driveway for home. Bob really foils them out and they are really are surprising.

Members online