"WANTED" 1990's Hobie Phil Edwards Model 9.0

Discussion in 'Longboard Surf Buy/Sell/Trade' started by WoodyT, May 1, 2019.

1. Jmazz

Jmazz Member

Jul 11, 2018
    Ny
    I have a 9.4. Very good condition how much are u looking to spend

shadydave likes this.
  2. WoodyT

WoodyT Member

Apr 25, 2019
    Sussex, England
    Many thanks for your offer, sounds great, however I'm looking for the 9'0" size or smaller.

3. Jmazz

Jmazz Member

Jul 11, 2018
    Ny
    I've never heard of a Phil Edwards allergic then 9 , even 9ft boards are difficult to find
    But good luck

4. WoodyT

WoodyT Member

Apr 25, 2019
    Sussex, England
    Yeah, could be a long 'search'! - thanks for the 'luck', going to need it - let me know if you spot one.
    Cheers

5. Surfertom

Surfertom Active Member

They did make 9ft ones though. I have one I bought in 1992 in the old Hobie store on PCH. Still have and ride it. It's the board I take when I don't know what I am going to find. Rides in anything. I call it my short board. I think you are on the right track, but yep, will be hard to find. No not selling mine. :) .

ST :cool:

DJR likes this.
  6. Planktom

Planktom Active Member

Dec 27, 2016
    Devon, UK
    I would be minded to get Josh Martin to shape one up when he's back in France or even Eric Maurus down Guthery way, he does a great one.

Last edited: May 5, 2019
    Patrick Riley likes this.
  7. WoodyT

WoodyT Member

Apr 25, 2019
    Sussex, England
    Thanks for your message, yes, I think the 9ft size gives the greatest versatility and rides like a much shorter board - my brother also has this size - its's his 'go-to' board for most conditions. Please let me know if you hear of anyone thinking of selling or any sites / forums I should check-out. Many thanks.

8. WoodyT

WoodyT Member

Apr 25, 2019
    Sussex, England
    Thank you for suggesting Josh and Eric - that could be an option as time goes on, especially with Josh's connection with Hobie. Will keep searching for an original PE shape for now. But much appreciated.

9. Patrick Riley

Patrick Riley Active Member

May 15, 2018
    Jacksonville Beach
    I had the joy of meeting and seeing Eric Maurus in action in the early 2000's as he was using a shaping bay at a board builder I was sanding and doing shopwork for here in Jacksonville. He was married to a mutual friends daughter. He is truly a talented shaper and artist. He is a master at all aspects of the craft. I even saw him do some airbrush work that was on par with some of the moonlight crew greats.

Planktom likes this.
  10. WoodyT

WoodyT Member

Apr 25, 2019
    Sussex, England
    Cheers Patrick - great instagram site Eric has https://www.instagram.com/p/BR94uXNgbt3/ Agreed, 'a true master of the craft of surfboard shaping' - if Henry Moore could surf, his sculptures would have looked more like this!...fantastic art, sculptures and surfboard masterpieces - Very nice.

Patrick Riley likes this.