Want an new midlength

Dirk

Jun 6, 2020
Santa Cruz
Been riding an 8’8 vaquero for almost a year now and while I love that board to death I’ve been feeling like I want something with a flat bottom. Love the flow and speed of that board but I want something I can carve more. Also just find myself not riding it vary often cuz I’ve found it works better in big slopey surf, kinda bored on it when it’s small. Lmk what’s good out there. Ik of v bowls and ci mid but never rode either, what else have you rode?

DanSan

Jun 7, 2012
Soquel,CA
They are plenty of CI mids on CL..now
And a few vbowls and thick lizzy/haley pins too...
Good luck

fluidworks

Dec 1, 2019
San Luis Obispo, CA
I’ve got an 8’8 vaquero as well, and have similar feelings that it likes a fatter wave with a big face to really rule. When the waves are more hollow or I’m surfing steeper beach breaks I go with my 7’10 Campbell Bonzer egg. The two boards really complement each other.

You can’t go wrong with many mid lengths these days. I would try to find one from a local shaper who knows your waves.

Edit: Saw you're in Santa Cruz. I would talk to Michel Junod.

Last edited:

dubstar

Nov 9, 2019
Parmenter Makaha Machine

Whitagram-Image 2.JPG

michael

Apr 19, 2017
NJ
8'8 vaquero owners, I'll uh, take those off of your hands, if you're all done with em an all.

For real.

DanSan

Jun 7, 2012
Soquel,CA
MOTE Simon Jones ..the massive /torren martyn twin channel keels
Osprey Dan Perlee...Frankenspud

bobsacamano

Jul 16, 2020
Bay Area
Travis Reynolds makes some lovely mids. Stone Fruit are always very tempting to me. I have a 7'11 Ol Buddy that is excellent. I don't ride it nearly enough, but I'll never sell it.

jory

Dec 25, 2005
United Kingdom
+1 for junod. Reasonable price, custom order. He will listen to what you think you want and make something you actually need ( if that makes sense )
Build quality is top notch and his boards go amazing. A friend has had a few, all great boards including a 7’2 egg / mid that flies