wake up at dawn...

Chilly Willy

Feb 15, 2004
USA New Jersey
I was feeling like I haven't surfed enough lately, so I pushed myself to do 3 dawn patrols this week and 1 last week despite pretty small and weak waves. I have to admit that I dragged my feet a little bit each time -- it's so much easier to not have to pack up your stuff before, easier to stay in bed, easier to not have to creep out the door while it's still dark. Some pics from my 4 sessions -- looking back at the pics, I made the right choice in pushing myself.

20220824.jpg

20220830.jpg

20220831.jpg

20220901Ja.jpg

DJR

Feb 1, 2018
Carolina Beach NC
View attachment 49742
What a difference 24 hours makes. Yesterday was fun, plenty of people were enjoying themselves.
Today was fun also. However, all those enthusiasts must have finally gone to work or school ore something. It was really nice.
Enthusiasts That’s good. I will now be using this to politely describe the fuckwits and the like…
Like when at work I say Sugar! instead of Shit!
Yeah that’s good
Enthusiasts
Much obliged @miscreant

Nilus

Jun 30, 2008
View attachment 49742
What a difference 24 hours makes. Yesterday was fun, plenty of people were enjoying themselves.
Today was fun also. However, all those enthusiasts must have finally gone to work or school ore something. It was really nice.
I now realize that I passed you on my bike after this session. You were loading that log into your truck. Couple day strike mission from SB definitely paid off!

nedsurf

Jan 22, 2005
Agree, guess many of those people tired themselves out yesterday, leftovers today were just fine thank you with a fraction of the crowd.