Very popular and somewhat rare used boards

Discussion in 'Longboard Surf Buy/Sell/Trade' started by kpd73, May 6, 2018.

1. Killafornia

Killafornia Active Member

Oct 1, 2009
    Maybe he could put an ad in the vender section like the UsedSurfGuru.

2. JBorbone

JBorbone Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2017
    Belmar, NJ
    I personally think Jon is doing great things for the industry. Same with Omar (https://www.stokenbroke.com/shop-surboards/)

I'm appreciative (as I'm sure many of us are) of the fact that they're creating a genuine market for used "quality" boards increasing the value of handmade "high-end" surfboards.

If they weren't driving up the value of used "quality" boards, then we'd forever be expecting a used Jacobs or Mitsven to cost the same or LESS than a new Thailand popout LiarWire shortboard made in the GSI sweatshop.

Plus, their marketplaces will just make the Jammer community more awesome that it already is because the Classified selection of this site will REALLY be the best place to find a good score. :D

Tenfooter likes this.
  3. jbb

jbb Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Southern California
    I mean no disrespect, JBorbone, but Omar is an individual that i would never buy a board from or sell a board to. I know others in this community that would agree. I don't typically go negative here because I am a big believer in karma but this guy burnt me, used me and others close to me and badgered a friend of mine (a lady) to the point that she felt threatened by him. Omar -- no bueno.

Roach, kclibman, Human and 2 others like this.
  4. shawnzee

shawnzee Active Member

Mar 4, 2015
    noco, sd
    ding!

another guy who made good on 'flipping' is happy battle, and he went full surf shop!
    regular price brands AND good deals on trade-ins and used stock. tough spot down in el cajon, but i'm pulling for him. he's a decent dude.

https://www.happybattlesurfco.com/about

glider_boy and OCSURFER32 like this.
  5. Veterano

Veterano Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2013
    hey, Omar is my dog's name.
    [​IMG]

6. m8r

m8r Active Member

Apr 8, 2014
    NC
  7. Human

Human Active Member

Nov 20, 2016
    Oceanside
    100%

Roach, jbb and shawnzee like this.
  8. jbb

jbb Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Southern California
    Liked your original response better but its clear you are a man of character considering the edit.