Used board market discussion

cheyneskeezer

May 30, 2017
Long Beach CA
i guess once again im the opposite of a flipper i usually seek out the golden gooses when found offer usually a very fair price aka my flex foil 3 i bought off marry osborne that i paid over what she paid for new. then lost a bit of money selling it to shadydave. I always see a board purchase as a rental fee. i usually have 1 board in rotation of my 14-15 keepers. if i loose a few hundred bucks to try it out a few months i just figure it was a rental fee for my time with it. then pass it on for a bit cheaper. i cant name one board ive bought used that ive sold for more.

I agree with DKNJ were all men. You either buy it or ya dont. which in return he either sells it or he dont. I know i wouldnt wanna do all the driving around to snag hot deals with my spare time. im busy enough as it is.

PS doesnt take away my disgust with Stokenbroke Haha

SeniorGrom

Mar 20, 2012
USA New Jersey
Agree. If you believe surfboard ‘trading’ is some sort of lucrative investment path to early retirement, think again. Or a side hustle complimenting your day job, what a joke.

The rental idea makes a lot of sense. Of course you have to be a surfer and ride waves frequently not just sit at home staring at surfboards and watching surf videos.

cheyneskeezer

May 30, 2017
Long Beach CA
W
Agree. If you believe surfboard ‘trading’ is some sort of lucrative investment path to early retirement, think again. Or a side hustle complimenting your day job, what a joke.

The rental idea makes a lot of sense. Of course you have to be a surfer and ride waves frequently not just sit at home staring at surfboards and watching surf videos.
Wait you mean I’m not gonna be able to retire Down south on my collection!?!?! Ha ha

Jrwagoner

Feb 13, 2021
Oceanside
Interesting thread, and it really speaks to the state of the current used board market. I don’t usually sell boards, I just add them to the quiver. But I’ve been considering selling or trading a board to one of the places mentioned, so this thread came at the right time for me.

BrazilButtNut

Sep 26, 2018
Ventura, CA
Interesting thread, and it really speaks to the state of the current used board market. I don’t usually sell boards, I just add them to the quiver. But I’ve been considering selling or trading a board to one of the places mentioned, so this thread came at the right time for me.
Just post it for sale/trade on here. Can definitely be a great resource. And don't have to deal with the freaks of craigslist.