Ultra-pimped Pinstriped 10-4 Bing Gold Standard

Discussion in 'Longboard Surf Buy/Sell/Trade' started by ElBrooklyn, May 8, 2017.

1. ElBrooklyn

ElBrooklyn Active Member

Oct 17, 2014
    NYC-EH-MTK and LBC
    At the end of a SoCal sojourn in February, I bought this Matt Calvani-shaped log on impulse at Used Surf in San Clemente. Three weeks later, I got laid off. So my pain may be your gain. This thing is amazing looking. I'm sorry I may never get to ride it.

From what the Used Surf guys tell me, this was most recently owned by an older guy who rarely got out on it, as he had a bunch of other gorgeous boards. Now he's too old to surf and has moved away from the coast, so he was unloading a bunch of sweet boards via US.

Board's original owner was our very own Miles. Here's what he told me:

The Gold Standard? The color scheme and pin-striping was custom but the shape wasn't except for it being 10.'4" The rails were supposed to come out green tinted as a combination of the blue and yellow but they came out muddy so Margaret said Matt suggested making painting them dark blue so that's how they got that way. BTW, I was surfing the lefts at the Point at SanO with them on a sometimes overhead day and Matt told me not to dilly dally around walking to the nose on the Gold Standard as it wasn't meant for that. He said just get up there quick which was very helpful advice for that board.
    Board is yours for a firm $1,000, including 10-inch Donald Takayama fin. That's what I paid for it after taxes and gas money from Long Beach to San-O. An extra $75 nets you a brand new bag. Pick up at my folks house in Long Beach. May be able to deliver it to points north/south when I visit in July.

Dims are 10-4 x approx 23.5 wide x 3.25 thick. Heavy glass. So. Freaking. Cool. Wish I didn't have to do this.

Bing Gold Standard.jpg

Last edited: May 8, 2017
  2. ElBrooklyn

ElBrooklyn Active Member

Oct 17, 2014
    NYC-EH-MTK and LBC
  3. deemce

deemce Well-Known Member

May 18, 2010
    USA Pennsylvania
    Damn beautiful board. GLWTS

ElBrooklyn likes this.
  4. Wade In The Waves

Wade In The Waves Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2012
    USA North Carolina
    Sorry to hear about the layoff. I just have to say, I dig that Pearson!

ElBrooklyn likes this.
  5. ElBrooklyn

ElBrooklyn Active Member

Oct 17, 2014
    NYC-EH-MTK and LBC
    Me too! It's FirstPointEric's. We might be doing a swap for the MTM you sold me, which was his in the first place.

Wade In The Waves likes this.
  6. OCSURFER32

OCSURFER32 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2004
    West Palm Beach
  7. FirstPointEric

FirstPointEric Well-Known Member

Yes it was Tom. El Brooklyn and I did a straight-up trade; I got my old 10'6" Mitch Taylor Model back and he got
    your old 10'6" Pearson. We're going to be each doing some further research to make sure each of us is cool with
    the trade. I've loved the Pearson--and thank you again for selling it to me--and it was a hard call, but I've had a
    hankering to get the MTM back and am psyched to give it another run again this July.

8. ElBrooklyn

ElBrooklyn Active Member

Oct 17, 2014
    NYC-EH-MTK and LBC
    Hey, Tom. If it makes you feel any less :(, I love that board. It's hard to find nice rides that'll float a guy at 250 pounds.