Tyler question...

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by mrkmrk2842, Mar 18, 2014.

1. mrkmrk2842

mrkmrk2842 New Member

Apr 10, 2007
    United Kingdom
    Hi all... just hoping you can clear up something for me. I believe Tyler shapes and glasses all his craftsmen boards but wondering who shapes and glasses the Tyler Series boards.. does he still shape them?
    Any help much appreciated... I have emailed them direct but not heard yet and patience isn't one of my best virtues... sorry!
    Thanks in advance for any info you can share...

2. cheaterfives

cheaterfives New Member

Jan 23, 2014
    Call them. They are always answer and are very helpful and nice!

3. mrkmrk2842

mrkmrk2842 New Member

Apr 10, 2007
    United Kingdom
    I'm sure they are but it's expensive from the UK and time difference can be a bit of an issue too... I was just hoping Jamboards has the knowledge... somebody here usually does!

4. FirstPointEric

FirstPointEric Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure that Tyler shapes ALL Tyler boards, but Adam Davenport does a lot of the glass work on the non-Craftsman boards.

Eric

5. mrkmrk2842

mrkmrk2842 New Member

Apr 10, 2007
    United Kingdom
    Thanks Eric... I thought that's what the deal with them was... appreciate your help.

6. robsawyer

robsawyer Member

Mar 2, 2012
    Bi-Coastal
    Not sure if this helps or not, but I have a Davenport board and can assure you that his glasswork is first class.

7. mrkmrk2842

mrkmrk2842 New Member

Apr 10, 2007
    United Kingdom
    All good to know...thanks!

8. pilau

pilau Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    USA Hawaii
    in other words... ever consider ordering a board straight from Adam Davenport?

I do have 2 Tylers that I love dearly, so I understand if you have a particular jones for one of his models.

9. Ticowannabe

Ticowannabe Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2012
    ok, i will say it...others have heard this too i know...Tyler may or may not shape all the boards, and he may or may not shape all the craftsmen boards...
    all that said, i would love one of his boards and Tyler, josh, his shop and his boards all seem to be of great quality
    i am certainly not certain
    adams boards have a good following too...DL

10. mrkmrk2842

mrkmrk2842 New Member

Apr 10, 2007
    United Kingdom
    thanks... I have asked the question re who shapes what so will be interested to see what comes back... with the greatest respect to Adam Davenport if I do decide to order a custom it'll be a Tyler due to the specific model I want...