Twinzer feedback

trmcnatt

Jun 24, 2021
Sonoma CA
Anyone ride a twinzer regularly? If so, what do you like and/or not like. I’m considering ordering one and I’m looking for any feedback. Thanks!
I have a Derrick Disney twinzer that I ride quite regularly. I find it to be more forgiving than my keel fin particularly in waves that don't have a lot of energy. Definitely worth exploring in my opinion.

Camel Rock

Mar 23, 2020
San Diego
I’ve had a few over the years. All from Larmo. Tons of speed, drive and feels more connected than my twins, but not so stiff as my quads.

I had Larry make me an 8’2” Twinzer +1 eggstacy model this year. This board is amazing and very capable in small stuff and works well in head high plus. Doesn’t seem to bog down in smaller condition and has his usual foam discreetly hidden in the chest area. A very nice variation of the classic SD egg shape. Had him throw in the center box, but haven’t wanted to change out his twinzer setup since I got it.

688DF0BB-0D02-4617-B1AE-DE87B3F96088.jpeg

A0D2F218-72BE-49FD-8ADC-5F34709DD221.jpeg

9BFAD731-3274-4F83-9FD4-49F631D612A9.jpeg

EF434C6B-6C6A-40B1-BACD-A4A07B7F6A4F.jpeg

DJR

Feb 1, 2018
Carolina Beach NC
I’ve had a few over the years. All from Larmo. Tons of speed, drive and feels more connected than my twins, but not so stiff as my quads.

I had Larry make me an 8’2” Twinzer +1 eggstacy model this year. This board is amazing and very capable in small stuff and works well in head high plus. Doesn’t seem to bog down in smaller condition and has his usual foam discreetly hidden in the chest area. A very nice variation of the classic SD egg shape. Had him throw in the center box, but haven’t wanted to change out his twinzer setup since I got it.

View attachment 31873
View attachment 31874
View attachment 31872
View attachment 31875
Now you’ve got me thinking…

DJR

Feb 1, 2018
Carolina Beach NC
Pretty much all I ride. Feel of a twin with hold of a thruster. Tons of drive and no bogging on turns.
There’s a chat about them on surfer forum. Really need a shaper who rides them or work with a shaper who will do what you ask when fins are set. Fin placement is critical for the surfer not the board. What style of board are you thinking?
Could you elaborate on sizes and materials?

shapewright

Aug 6, 2006
USA California

View attachment 31873
View attachment 31874
View attachment 31872
View attachment 31875
The tools are really impressive, everything from giant high iron work crescent wrench, to a selection of fine wood working chisels

NCJohn

Oct 27, 2015
Wilmington, NC
I never quite clicked with my quads and always felt like I needed a small trailer with my twins. I'd been stalking Larmo for a few years on Instagram and then one Christmas morning JMJackfish posted a Mabile Twinzer fish and the rest is history for me. It has that out of the gate acceleration that I never quite seemed to get with quads and is goldilock loose not overly like the twins I have surfed. I prefer them in small surf for generating down the line projection quickly or in larger, hollower surf for speed and hold.

jonbiz

Jan 11, 2016
Wilmington NC
Could you elaborate on sizes and materials?
Sure. Twinzers are hot right now and a lot of guys are making them wrong.
A lot of guys don’t put the fins in correct positions normally too forward and too much fin overlap, gaps are all wrong. Jobson had a formula that I’ve been try to get for three years now. Jobson l is MIA and only two other shapers have it and ive reach out to them. I don’t want to see this design die. That’s the secret along with rocker. If you get fin placement and cants correct it’s mind blowing. Instant speed and tons of hold no anchor dragging like a thruster.
You want FCS boxes so you can make your own fins so you can adjust the position fore and aft. I have some starting measurements if you want? You want a shaper that will listen and put ego aside when you go into the shaping room to lay out the fin position.
If you want DM me be happy to chat on phone or text.
It’s pretty much all I’m riding, continue to go down this rabbit hole.

takedown

Jun 26, 2017
Eugene, OR
Sure. Twinzers are hot right now and a lot of guys are making them wrong.
A lot of guys don’t put the fins in correct positions normally too forward and too much fin overlap, gaps are all wrong. Jobson had a formula that I’ve been try to get for three years now. Jobson l is MIA and only two other shapers have it and ive reach out to them. I don’t want to see this design die. That’s the secret along with rocker. If you get fin placement and cants correct it’s mind blowing. Instant speed and tons of hold no anchor dragging like a thruster.
You want FCS boxes so you can make your own fins so you can adjust the position fore and aft. I have some starting measurements if you want? You want a shaper that will listen and put ego aside when you go into the shaping room to lay out the fin position.
If you want DM me be happy to chat on phone or text.
It’s pretty much all I’m riding, continue to go down this rabbit hole.
Do you think Stu and Larry are putting the twinzer fins in the right place?