JMJackFish

Jul 5, 2016
USA North Carolina
tempImageOLz0hs.png
tempImagej9oimB.png

ugoinright?

Sep 13, 2020
The OC Bubble
Jeff was great to work with. I wanted a cork board and we decided that I should stick to my fish/twinzer setup as our starting point. It is sealed - and hasn't shown a heel dent despite plenty of sessions.

Drooling here!

Have you surf the cork without wax? Is it more comfortable on your feet?

JMJackFish

Jul 5, 2016
USA North Carolina
It handles fine without wax but I am old and like the extra traction. I can tell the cork absorbs some of chop compared to the Hess I had which shared all other construction attributes. As far as durability - it is crazy tough. In/out boat, truck, racks, bouncing around in the water - no noticeable anything.

For this thread on twinzers - Jeff put a hard edge up 60% of the bottom. The fins aren't parallel. His cant is a little more aggressive than Larry's. For it's size it surprisingly goes great in the pitchy waves.

But like Jon - I like the Twinzer feelz. I put that pic up to show a little range. My biggest issue with them is the lack of and price of fins, and also a good box system for builds. Glass on's are great (Jeff at NineLights makes fantastic ones) but are tricky to install correctly. Jobson didn't like roving on the canard and these would suffer damage and need frequent repairs.

A log with the setup would be fun...