Twinzer Design/Experiment.

WillieP

Oct 22, 2016
South Carolina
Ha, looks like they didn’t get the memo that you couldn’t turn an existing twin pin into a twinzer. Looks like it worked pretty good for Alex Knox. SC Surf (Foster) will approve.

jonbiz

Jan 11, 2016
Wilmington NC

jonbiz

Jan 11, 2016
Wilmington NC
Ha, looks like they didn’t get the memo that you couldn’t turn an existing twin pin into a twinzer. Looks like it worked pretty good for Alex Knox. SC Surf (Foster) will approve.
Wil would alter the placement for the waves being surfed. Bigger waves adjust the canard gap = less overlap. Your going faster, water is missing the mains.
Back to slapping canards on twins. Go for it what ever works.
I know I don’t want my fin placement at 10 to 11 inches.

Reactions: DJR

cheyneskeezer

May 30, 2017
Long Beach CA
this is my latest feesh from jeff at nine lights going with a twinzer and full balsa comp…. one of my favorite feesh that i’ve owned was a 6ft twinzer of his i found on clist a ton of drive

i’ve always preferred glass on over boxs and it seems there isn’t too much you can do with the main fin of a twinzer so i’ll prob have him glass all fins on this board he makes a just ever so slightly bigger mr template main fin i’ll prob go with.

am i missing something with having a future box for the main fin? am i being vein going looks over options.

jeff makes a good twinzer and i trust his fin choices!

Attachments

• 7F11EACD-BE7D-4611-873A-99672EC50029.jpeg
    7F11EACD-BE7D-4611-873A-99672EC50029.jpeg
    51.6 KB · Views: 59
  • ED67B17B-7BB3-443F-AD21-32FD3E1B1A4E.jpeg
    ED67B17B-7BB3-443F-AD21-32FD3E1B1A4E.jpeg
    58.2 KB · Views: 60

OX 45

Jan 3, 2014
this is my latest feesh from jeff at nine lights going with a twinzer and full balsa comp…. one of my favorite feesh that i’ve owned was a 6ft twinzer of his i found on clist a ton of drive

i’ve always preferred glass on over boxs and it seems there isn’t too much you can do with the main fin of a twinzer so i’ll prob have him glass all fins on this board he makes a just ever so slightly bigger mr template main fin i’ll prob go with.

am i missing something with having a future box for the main fin? am i being vein going looks over options.

jeff makes a good twinzer and i trust his fin choices!
Glass on’s are so beautiful and you’ll learn to surf the board the way it wants to be surfed or move it on to someone else or the wall- on the other hand regardless of fin placement/arrangement if you have boxes - the option to run twins or keels would be my choice in the event the Twinzer doesn’t move the needle for you , I find options always nice . I’m running a 6’6 twin fin (intended for uprights) with keels in it and it’s lovely

jonbiz

Jan 11, 2016
Wilmington NC
Any fin system, glass on are perfect. FCS just gives you the option of making fins and adjusting the fore/aft.
On mine I’ll swap out the mains and canards for different conditions.

kpd73

May 8, 2013
USA Rhode Island
Would love to have this in a twinzer

jcFF.png

This board

6'1 x 20 7/8 x 2.45

good weight poly blank- thick stringer -

S+E cloth mix 6/4 deck 4/4 bottom

all those bottom contours and deck with appropriate twinzer placement. Fcs Canard for adjustability / Futures or FCS Fusion plugs for mains.

I had this board in a quad. So effin beyond Good of a design. Would rattle the rafters in Twinzer.