Twinzer Design/Experiment.

jonbiz

Jan 11, 2016
Wilmington NC
There’s a few guys on the surfer forum that really know the Twinzer design. We actually chat a fair amount about them. Pros and cons.
For bottom very shallow concave and vee out the tail is the most common. The Jobson I just got is concave with a little double between fins exits with vee. Haven’t had a chance to really study it.

kpd73

May 8, 2013
USA Rhode Island
Wayne Okamoto - Oak Foils surfboards
Russel Hoyte
are of very mentionable notice.

Nice thread here. Good, fresh air.

I love my Austin mini simms as a twinzer.
Love

Reactions: DJR

John

Mar 4, 2004
Rehoboth Beach, DE
Thank you for posting all of this info. Its really helpful but also a little beyond my understanding when talking about fin placement and cant. For a newbie, is there an "ideal" shape for the twinzer? SK posted a 6'6 or 6'8 mini log with a twinzer a few months ago that seemed interesting but most seem to on a fish or egg shape.

jonbiz

Jan 11, 2016
Wilmington NC
Thank you for posting all of this info. Its really helpful but also a little beyond my understanding when talking about fin placement and cant. For a newbie, is there an "ideal" shape for the twinzer? SK posted a 6'6 or 6'8 mini log with a twinzer a few months ago that seemed interesting but most seem to on a fish or egg shape.
When fins placement is correct they will work on any board. Lots of Santa Cruz guys have them on their gunz. Even out at Mavericks.

Attachments

• 70CF90B0-D8F9-42AF-A63F-DB955AD6B874.png
    70CF90B0-D8F9-42AF-A63F-DB955AD6B874.png
    192.7 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Reactions: DJR