Twinzer Design/Experiment.

eggrider

Feb 25, 2020
Bay Area
My first ever twinzer experience, 7'8" Stu Kenson mini-longboard-egg mashup. Today's my second session on it. I had low expectations as it's crowded and I'm figuring it out.

A set wave came, mind you this is only [email protected], shoulder high, the board turned it into a racetrack. Wow! So fast (never felt as fast before). Lively, responsive, drag free. Top to bottom surfing (what I imagined I was doing). The wall was sectiony, but I felt that I could use tiny pressure adjustments to "make more speed", and I made all the sections, hooting all the way in front of strangers. It just stayed connected with the pocket.

Entirely new speed and sensations that I never experienced on my single fins/hulls. Only thing I can tell, is it doesn't carry speed over the flats as well as my single fins - this may be entirely unrelated to the fin setup (correct me if wrong) and have more to do with bottom contour and rocker.

vertical-bottom.jpg

Thanks @sam for the board train, @SdSurferguy for the offerup headsup, and @jonbiz for starting this thread which piqued my interest.

DJR

Feb 1, 2018
Carolina Beach NC
My first ever twinzer experience, 7'8" Stu Kenson mini-longboard-egg mashup. Today's my second session on it. I had low expectations as it's crowded and I'm figuring it out.

A set wave came, shoulder high, the board turned it into a racetrack. Wow! So fast (never felt as fast before). Lively, responsive, drag free. Top to bottom surfing (what I imagined I was doing). The wall was sectiony, but I felt that I could use tiny pressure adjustments to "make more speed", and I made all the sections, hooting all the way in front of strangers. It just stayed connected with the pocket.

Entirely new speed and sensations that I never experienced on my single fins/hulls.

View attachment 37018

Thanks @sam for the board train, @SdSurferguy for the offerup headsup, and @jonbiz for starting this thread which piqued my interest.
Board is sweet