Twinzer Design/Experiment.

Camel Rock

Mar 23, 2020
San Diego
Just picked up this 9’ Larmo Magic with original fins. Had it out yesterday in some head high + and it was tons of fun.

6C3208BF-4D4E-4C15-AA44-CC8CFC1A9338.jpeg

AFA315A5-279C-4E59-95E7-AB49F11E081E.jpeg

Camel Rock

Mar 23, 2020
San Diego
Has anyone ever surfed a Twinzer with a little center nubster fin in it if so feedback please.
Funny you mentioned this. I was planning to take my 8'2" Twinzer egg and set it up with just the twin fins and find a smaller nubster or trailer fin and see how it goes.

It rides just fine with the twins alone and haven't noticed any slide out, but I think it would be fun to try it. I may need to use the FCS adaptor though, since I have a center box.

DJR

Feb 1, 2018
Carolina Beach NC
Funny you mentioned this. I was planning to take my 8'2" Twinzer egg and set it up with just the twin fins and find a smaller nubster or trailer fin and see how it goes.

It rides just fine with the twins alone and haven't noticed any slide out, but I think it would be fun to try it. I may need to use the FCS adaptor though, since I have a center box.
Please pics of egg
that is what’s next on the list and about that size
ride report and nuances please

jonbiz

Jan 11, 2016
Wilmington NC
As my muse would say. “ Why add a anchor “ just adds drag and not needed.
If you’re thinking the C5 design from Rusty you need to incorporate the whole design and move the fin clusters and size of fins.
After get my Jobson out on some proper wave, I am beyond stoked on the speed and hold of it. No need for a center fin

NCJohn

Oct 27, 2015
Wilmington, NC
JohnNC just came over and we were looking at a pile of sick twinzers and other fun craft. Pretty similar DNA in most of the boards that we checked. Bottom contours, foam distribution, fin placement, fin angles... Really cool to see that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
The one thing I forgot to show you JM was how deep the single concave is in that Burch. Significantly more than the Frye fish